semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Batman: Dead End -&- World's Finest

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 01:27

For Batman an Superman's fans !!

I don't know who was already around when I had posted some months ago in these forums about Batman: Dead End, a short movie which Kevin Smith himself has qualified as probably the best adaptation on screen till now...

Image Image

If you have not seen it yet you can go watch it by clicking on the pics up there now.

While it's loading I invite you to NOT try to have more informations on that movie looking for other pics or else cause it will really waste the surprise.

Today, thanks to DigiNico I've learned that Sandy Collora was back with a new short movie with Batman AND Superman: World's Finest

Image Image

This movie is a trailer for an unexisting movie with the man of steel and the caped crusader and you will regreat that this movie is not existing yet :D

Van
knight
knight

Postby Van » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 01:29

i agree with chevie, if you have a similar taste in movies as chevie do not spoil anything with getting extra info or anything just watch the movie and watch it unfold it is brilliant thanks chevie :D :bounce:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 25 Jul, 2004 15:40

You're welcome ;)

And if you've liked them, be sure to not miss the topic about Grayson. Another preview for an hypothetic movie which will drive you mad :D

xdeathknightx
earl
earl

Postby xdeathknightx » Sun 25 Jul, 2004 18:17

how about making polls for the first 2 movies too!!

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 25 Jul, 2004 18:28

Done.

My personnal vote will be 5/6 for the two of them. Compared to Grayson these two shorts are a lot more dedicated for the fans for "immediate pleasure". The game of the actors is not as good as the one in Grayson and the story line a lot thiner but ... for fans'eyes it's dreams coming true 8)

DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Mon 26 Jul, 2004 12:59

My gawd ! Oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd !

It's... it's... it's beautiful !

I find these 2 short movies so well done and appealing and exciting ! Wow ! I mean there you can feel passion and respect for comics. The actors are totally their character...

Oh my, please somebody at Warner Corp, give Sandy Collora the job of director on either Superman vs. Batman or Superman 5. Please ! Please ?

6/6

And comparing to Grayson : I didn't find the roleplay worse in Collora's movies. Collora's movies are more static, more iconic than Grayson. But Grayson has also some very bads actors in it. In Collora's movies, the only "bad" actor is the one playing Superman. True, he is a bit inexpressive, but on the other hand, man does he look a million times better than the Superman in Grayson !!!
Si tu bois sans avoir soif, faut pas t'etonner de pisser sans en avoir envie...

Blog Tumblr

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 26 Jul, 2004 13:17

DigiNico wrote:In Collora's movies, the only "bad" actor is the one playing Superman. True, he is a bit inexpressive, but on the other hand, man does he look a million times better than the Superman in Grayson !!!

LOL :D

That's where we see you're more a Superman fan (everybody knows that ;)) and I'm more a Batman fan. Cause I find the actor playing Superman good and I don't like much the one playing Batman :D

I think this Superman looks better indeed cause he is THE powerfull and almighty Superman, the real man of steel who is still a "country boy" but full of energy and hope. The one in Grayson is old and I'm quite sure I've already seen in comics that old Superman who in a way has become less sympathetic for getting more "blasé" regarding all his years of fights where the men haven't changed much ... I prefer this dark and disillusioned Superman to the original one I find too "boy scout"...

That's why I like a lot both of them. The dark one and the almighty one. I find both of them are very well played by the 2 actors.

DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Mon 26 Jul, 2004 15:55

Chevalier Bayard wrote:That's where we see you're more a Superman fan (everybody knows that ;))

Me ? What'd make you say that ? :mrgreen:

I think this Superman looks better indeed cause he is THE powerfull and almighty Superman, the real man of steel who is still a "country boy" but full of energy and hope. The one in Grayson is old and I'm quite sure I've already seen in comics that old Superman who in a way has become less sympathetic for getting more "blasé" regarding all his years of fights where the men haven't changed much ... I prefer this dark and disillusioned Superman to the original one I find too "boy scout"...

Yeah well I'm not too pleased to see Superman age that much in only a human lifetime. Superman is supposed to age very slowly. I haven't seen many comics showing an old and "blase" Superman.

Plus in any comics I see (but I admit that my Superman comic knowledge is highly perfectible), even if Superman gets tired of the neverending battle against crime and vilainy, he retires himself in his fortress of solitude or some lonely place, but never changes sides and help criminals or hinders other crime-fighters in their mission, as shown in Grayson. Come on ! Superman is the epitome of the positive super-hero, always merciful, trusty to his word, merry and optimistic about human nature. Depicting a "dark superman", embittered, scheming, and such, is just plain nonsense.

This said, I'm not too happy with the performance of the actor that plays Superman's part in World Finest. He seems a bit too innocent and stupid - or childish, or lost and overwhelmed by the situation (that is : impersonating Supes). He is physically convincing, but sometimes I feel that I'm watching Clark Kent in tights, not Superman.

Blog Tumblr

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 26 Jul, 2004 16:07

In Grayson I don't see Superman as a vilain. Even if he acts weirdly he is Superman so I think he has his own goals like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (it's not obvious in the scene that Green Lantern is after Robin, maybe he is protecting him ...). and I WANT TO KNOW WHY Superman is acting like he does !!! ;)

DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Mon 26 Jul, 2004 16:19

OMG ! You've just reminded me of the Green Lantern in Grayson !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Tumblr

Return to “Shorts (worldwide)”