Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Transit

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 09 Dec, 2005 23:57

With Liewen we've just seen Transit,  a 2 hours movie on VH1.

Not knowing at all what it was all about, we just arrived at the very begining of Transit while we were zapping around and we just got caught by the story. :eek:

Caught at the point we've cancelled the movie theater we had originally scheduled tonight and at the point I've lost (temporary) my place in the new Wolffestars' forum's Top 5 posters :D

You can see this movie as we've just seen it in a 6 episodes format. For this you just have to click on the line below and watch the 6 parts.

=> DO NOT READ ANYTHING AROUND AND JUST CLICK ON THE LINKS TO WATCH THE 6 PARTS <= :D

In particular, I really invite you to watch them BEFORE reading the following as this movie has had, I think, a deeper impact on us as we didn't know at all where we were going when we've been caught by it...

This movie co-written and very well directed by Niall MacCormick is about the cross paths of a bunch of young adults between 20 and 30 years old, all coming from different parts of the globe as they are from Saint-Petersburg, Los-Angeles, Mexico and Nairobi.

Actually we've seen it without any subtitle on TV and found it very fun to jump from russian to english to spanish to swahili :D

We then follow first the steps of Tatjana (Anna Slynko), stuck with a drug addicted taxi driver as boyfriend in St Petersburg.

She wants to escape from that town and sees in a mexican guy the opportunity she was looking for.

At the same time in Mexico City, Champinon (Humberto Busto) is trying to find himself a girlfriend while his roomate, a real Don Juan, gets all the nice ladies available in his bed.

He meets Tatjana in Mexico City and falls in love with her, hopping his roomate for once will respect him and won't rush on her...

During a work trip in US, Champinon's path also crosses the one of Asha, a Los Angeles Indian-American student who is about to leave America for a documentary project in Kenya.

In Nairobi, Asha lives at her uncle's house where Matthew (Victor Gatonye) is "employed" as a handyman in a perfect "colonalist" way.

As Matthew and Asha learn to know each other a mutual attraction borns.

I won't tell more about it to preserve a little bit the surprise and not decrease the force of the movie.

Being co-produced by MTV and the Staying-Alive Foundation, this movie has been released on TV for the first time on World Aids Day in 2005.

Usually I'm quite allergic to this "you must cry now" projects. Even if we usually find sincere people behind these communications, very often the communication choosen is just not the right one trying at the same time to appear "young" but not daring to find some persisting taboos of our societies ...

Transit is here a real success being a really good movie with a very good mastering in story telling, amazing for a director who has only directed documentaries till now.

The movie is interresting by itself and not focuses at all on AIDS who is actually only the invisible element, the final twist which will change all your perspective on the story you've just seen.

That because of that twist effect that I was insisting on you to watch the movie before reading anything ... I hope some will have followed my advise ;)

Clearly a 5/6 for me, being the first nicely targeted communication I see about this delicate subject.

It should be an obligation for teachers and parents to make sure their youngsters see it.

Really take time to watch it yourself and post your feedback below.

Chevvie

Liewen
champion
champion
Xbox Live ID: Liewen
Wii code: 7822003881806675
raptr ID: Liewen

Postby Liewen » Sat 10 Dec, 2005 00:10

I'm a bit upset about this topic, 'cause ChevalierBayard has already written everything that's worth it about the movie.

According to me, it is actually one of the best surprises of the moment.

A 5/6 for me too :)

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Sat 10 Dec, 2005 17:28

oh I didn t realize that it was a link to actually watch the movie. Quality seems quite good, I ll watch it  :bounce:

Return to “Shorts (worldwide)”