Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

The Green Hornet

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 09 Jun, 2006 20:35

Hé hé ! Tonight we have a movie reviewed here before IMDb !! :D ... But after Mad-Movies of course as it's because of them I know this movie is now released.

This movie is a short directed by Aurélien Poitrimoult (who is, him, already registered in the IMDb), around the famous 1960's pulp character : The Green Hornet.

"Another challenge for the Green Hornet, his aid Kato, and their rolling arsenal the Black Beauty. On Police records a wanted criminal, Green Hornet is really Britt Reid, owner-publisher of the Daily Sentinel, his duel identity known only to his secretary and the district attorney. And now, to protect the rights and lives of decent citizens, rides THE GREEN HORNET."

This was the opening of the 1966-67's TV serie in which Van Williams and Bruce Lee were holding the leading roles of Britt Reid/Green Hornet and Kato.

In Aurélien Poitrimoult's short these roles are very well by captured by Emmanuel Lanzi and Patrick Vo who are both recognized stuntmen and who you can have seen in Unleashed (aka Danny The Dog). Like in the movie just named, they are here giving the audience astonishing martial art performances.

Indeed this short is 99% composed of fight sequences, showing us the Green Hornet and Kato kicking hard quite numerous baddies protecting their boss. And believe me, when I say "kicking hard", I mean it ! :D

Like Unleashed, The Green Hornet chooses the path of realism in its fight scenes, realism and unleashed violence which hurts bad.

In both movies knocks seem very real and involve the audience a lot more in the scenes than it would be in a scene more violent or more spectacular but far less believable.

Thanks to this The Green Hornet finds "its way out of the pack" with a great combat choreography, amazing athletes and a very very efficient direction and shooting.

Now if you have doubt let me propose you a little game: if you haven't yet seen it, click on the poster up here to go to The Green Hornet official website and watch the movie, NOW ! (Which means before reading the following part of the text ;))

Now that you must have seen The Green Hornet think about it and try to have an idea about its budget...

I bet you would now hardly believe that this short has only costed Aurélien Poitrimoult and Emmanuel Lanzi .... 1.500 € :eek: according Aurélien Poitrimoult himself (=>HERE<=).

Okay, as he says it that is far to represent the total budget of the movie but The Green Hornet is first of all a short for and by passionate people.

For those who understand French I invite you to read the following articles written by Tequila for Mad-Movies' website, HERE, HERE and HERE. The last two links are about the shooting with some "inside" pictures and in the first one, director Aurélien Poitrimoult replies to the questions in the kind of blog feature below Tequila's introduction.

Indeed Mad-Movies' website team is behind this project since its beginning as far as I know and some were even very enthusiastic to join the ranks of active participants such as SiFu (aka John Matrix, too rarely around here but more often on MSN ;)) playing one of the though baddies.

Yes that's SiFu, scarring ain't he ? Glad he's a friend of mine instead of an enemy :D

The Green Hornet has been selected for being presented at  the Action On Film Festival which will take place very soon on July 28-30 in Long Beach, California.

I keep my fingers crossed for that it's only a beginning and we will hear about The Green Hornet again in the future.

One of the confessed ambitions of Aurélien Poitrimoult and Emmanuel Lanzi for the future of The Green Hornet is to make it become a TV-serie again. Fingers crossed guys !! ;)

For a mark I think a 4/6 is well deserved in this category ;)

Too bad the actors are not all at their best on the "acting" question. Maybe the dubbing is to blame but, the baddies especially are way too B movies' stereotypes (except SiFU who RULES !! 8-)).

I hope you will be here numerous to have a look on The Green Hornet and share your thoughts about it. I promise nothing but with the people around, you might obtain answers to some questions you might have about this movie... :roll:

Chevvie

Ithil
duke
duke

Postby Ithil » Sat 10 Jun, 2006 02:30

wow it's really good !!! i'm truly impressed !!
I would rather be ashes than dust! (...)
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom
   of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
Jack London

lazur
local
local

Postby lazur » Tue 20 Jun, 2006 09:32

Very good according the limited credits for this short.

The only lack is the dubbing of the actors.

Has to be seen.

4/6

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 06 Sep, 2006 21:17

Héhé The Green Hornet is finally registered on IMDb !! :D

Dang it has taken a verrrry long time but look who is granted for the plot ;)

=> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831855/

3 votes only ??!!

Go and check this movie by yourselves !!

=> http://lefrelonvert-court.com/   :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(video added in the first post of this topic as well but the video on youtube has a far worst quality...)

Return to “Shorts (worldwide)”