Godzilla: Final Wars (Gojira: Fainaru Wōzu)

Mark GODZILLA: FINAL WARS

6/6
50%
5/6
No votes
4/6
25%
3/6
25%
2/6
No votes
1/6
No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 4
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Godzilla: Final Wars (Gojira: Fainaru Wōzu)

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 25 Sep, 2005 12:07

That's a few weeks already that I've seen Ryuhei Kitamura's Godzilla: Final Wars with Nau and Yomghee.

Ryuhei Kitamura is already quite well known in western countries with such totally crazy movies like Versus or Azumi: two UFOs without any complex which bring to the audience an immediate pleasure.

Many we're wondering what to expect from  Ryuhei Kitamura whan he was announced as the director of the Godzilla's 50th birthday movie. As fan of the two titles given above, I couldn't wait to see it. :D

The movie starts with two battles of the Gôten, a combat flying vessel of the Earth Defense organization, leaded by captain Douglas Gordon (Don "The Predator" Frye).

The second battles takes place in Antartic and oppose the Gôten to Godzilla. It ends with the victory of the Gôten and the freezing of Godzilla who sleeps, caught in the ice.

But while they think all is finally over, suddenly more than ten monsters appear in World's major cities like New-York, Sidney, Shangaï, Paris, London, and so on.

Men are overcrowded when suddenly a huge alian ship appears in the air and extinguishes the monsters with a beam in a matter of seconds. After this amazing demonstration of power, the aliens who call themselves "Xiliens" propose a peace treaty with the Earth...

Of course the Xiliens won't be as pacifist as they claim to be and Douglas Gordon and his crew will have no other choice than to break the ice and Antartic and awake Godzilla to fight all the unleashed monsters all over the World while the Gôten will try to deal with the Xiliens.

And here the action comes !! :bounce:

I'm quite disapionted I haven't found online other pictures than these ones which show you only a very small part of the movie.  :?

Godzilla: Final Wars is a lot richer than that with quite a complex story, I mean, for a Godzilla movie :D

We find quickly our marks back with Ryuhei Kitamura's quick and sharp cut: moving from a place to another, turning horizontally, vertically, looping and so on :D

Even if, as said above the movie is not only about monsters fights, these monsters fight are amazing. What pleasure to see Roland Emmerich's Godzilla being knocked down by the real Godzilla in Sidney :D

What same pleasure when you see a wrestling like combat between Godzilla and two other monsters with kicks, projections, and so on :D

What a pleasure to see nearly all the japanese giant bestiary with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Kumonga, ... and so on. All Godzilla's old foes with also a mysterious new comer... :D

Rottweiler who had seend Godzilla: Final Wars a few days before me had told me something about this movie, I realize all the :D smileys above are confirming.

He told something like me that it was of this kind of movies which make your mouth open in one of the most stupid lookalike huge smile of pure contemplation. A smile you won't loose till the end, totally hypnotized by the screen.

These are not his exact words but it was the idea and I can do nothing more than confirm this point.

I've really spent a great moment of pure immediate pleasure watching Godzilla: Final Wars and will surely rush on the dvd (yes Liewen, you won't escape Godzilla :D).

It's hard to give a mark to that movie as for sure it's not a great movie but, a little bit like Naked Weapon in another genre, it is pure pleasure.

Once again, Ryuhei Kitamura mixes greatness and pure mediocrity and once again you can't help to laugh and enjoy this UFO a lot ! :D

On a technical point of view I can't give him more than 3/6 but on a pleasure point of view .... it's hard to give it less than 5/6... :roll:

I'll go then for a 4/6 and advise you to see it if you can. I don't think you'll regreat it ;)

Chevvie :D

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 16:37

As some of you might have seen, I've just used this movie in our famous game Guess The Movie with hopefully new caps showing other things than the monsters which, I repeat it again, are far to be the most important part of the movie ;)

Check => HERE <= ;)

This caps have been made from my brand new dvd which would make me mark today the movie with a 6/6 regarding how much I enjoyed to see it, even twice in a row :D

Tedjos
roaming
roaming

Re: Godzilla: Final Wars (Gojira: Fainaru uôzu)

Postby Tedjos » Fri 21 May, 2010 06:50

Godzilla Final Wars is an excellent Movie. I like that very much. It was very good watching that movie. After Watching all the Godzilla Series, I started collecting many Godzilla toys with the series figures. The Godzilla Final War Figure would be too good.

sohal231
roaming
roaming

Re: Godzilla: Final Wars (Gojira: Fainaru Wōzu)

Postby sohal231 » Wed 09 Feb, 2011 05:14

Its really a nice movie.....I like it very much.....I am waiting for the new release is there any more movie under making? :hi:

Return to “Asia”