0/6
No votes

Total votes: 3
Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

How to train your Dragon

Postby Nau of Sands » Fri 01 Oct, 2010 10:28

A very good surprise this « Ho to train your dragon », I had no expectations at all, except having some rest watching a kid movie by Dreamworks with some farting jokes and Pokemon-like dragons (from the sight of the cover) in it.

But no, not at all, this is no the scatological Dreamworks usual comedy, it is beautiful (some lansdcapes are even amazing) and the computer generated animation, that can sometimes give the impression of watching videogames introductions in this kind of movies, is not bothering at all here.

It is a very classical but clever story for kids. The plot won t be surprising at all for anyone above 8 years old (at last I hope so). But it is a poetic movie about friendship with adventure, the characters are well-written and likeable. The storytelling is perfect and it keeps you hooked. Dragon behaviour is well thought.

The animation is beautiful, even extraordinary in some sequences in the airs. There was some real risk releasing this one shortly after Avatar and his animated flying scenes, but the movie that suffers from the comparison of these animated sequences is not the one you’d expect, seen the respective budgets…

The designers obviously had fun imagining the dragons. Ideal movie for kids, I think the team has decided to deliver something very respectful of the young public in the meantime highly enjoyable for adults.

A detail in the ending is not that classical for this kind of movie. I really loved the whole of it, flawless movie in my opinion.

The directors : Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois were as well responsible for Lilo & Stich, I haven t seen it but I am now very curious about it.

For this one, I ll put a 5. Looking forward for new things from theses directors :bounce:

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Re: How to train your Dragon

Postby Skaila » Sat 02 Oct, 2010 11:40

I saw this movie and loved it. It certainly had a Lilo & Stitch feel about it, as you say. I also give this a 5/6.

I'm a kid really :P
ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 12 Oct, 2010 23:10

Seen it last week-end, mainly because of this review, and really loved it!!

5/6 from me as well! :gj:

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Thu 14 Oct, 2010 09:51

There is still a mystery in this movie : why so many vikings have a scottish accent ?

Return to “North America”