Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Splinter

Postby Rawhide » Sun 24 Oct, 2010 00:44

Splinter
Image Image Image

Splinter is a love story filled with unicorns and fluffy bunnies. Okay ... I lied. It's a gore fest which is the best I can say about it. Great acting, great storyline, unexpected plot twists that'll have you questioning what's coming next? This movie has none of these. What it has is good makeup effects and a fair amount of gratuitous gore.

Polly (Jill Wagner) and Seth (Paulo Costanzo) are a couple from the city who are out camping. Through their ineptitude with roughing it, they end up damaging their tent and so they decide to go into town and stay at a motel. Along the way, they are accosted by a couple on the run, Lacey (Rachel Kerbs) and Dennis (Shea Wigham) who hi-jack their car and force them to take them into town.

The uneasy quartet are are waylaid by a flat tire when they run over an animal in the road. While changing the tire, they investigate the animal that was hit. the animal isn't recognizable as it is deformed and covered by dark splintery shoots. it turns out that the splinters are caused by a parasite that takes over its host and deforms it. The host turns into a bloodthirsty, zombie-like creature. The four end up at a gas station when their car overheats. From there, they are besiged by the creatures trying to get to them.

As I said above, the only thing this movie really offered was well-done makeup and gore. It was a decent watch, but not something I would watch again. 2/6 for me.

Image Image Image

Return to “North America”