Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Easy A

Postby Skaila » Wed 08 Dec, 2010 18:59

Easy A, or how a little white lie can make or break a person's reputation. The comedy is pegged as a teen romantic comedy, but it's quite sad and truthful at times.

Emma Stone plays the young and attractive Olivia Penderghast, who tells a white lie to her best friend in order to avoid a weekend camping. What's the white lie? She went on a date with a college boy and she had sex, or that's what her friend assumes and Olivia just goes with it.

Before soon, she's starting to like her new image of the bad girl and revel in it. It is then that a boy, who's gay, asks her for a favour. They pretend to have sex so the kids will stop bullying him. Soon after other boys come and 'pay' her to do imaginary things so their reputation goes up, while hers goes down.

She starts rebelling to an extent and embroids the red letter A on her clothes, as is seen in 'The Scarlet Letter', which causes an even bigger stir.

It really is a teen movie filled with angst and what not. I liked Emma Stone’s performance, but does a teen really speak like that? Heck, I must’ve missed some interesting high school days I guess. All I can say from this movie that it was quite fun to watch how a small lie gets tossed around so often till it becomes something else entirely.

of course, the movie uses clichés and they're all justified. You're even hoping they would happen. The movie was quite enjoyable and I would tell anyone to watch it. Don't get your hopes up too much for something intellectual, but it's a nice one nonetheless.

I give this movie a 4/6

ImageImage

coolfrog
elite
elite

Re: Easy A

Postby coolfrog » Thu 09 Dec, 2010 23:34

hot redhead lol, havent seen the movie and i dont think its a movie i would watch :P

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:18

saw this one the other day, actually I have been disapointed, dunnow why I was expecting something more "extreme", the movie is viewable but predictable and always remains "reasonable". Why does the gossip thing does not turn in something more crazy at some point ? Because the result looks like a comedy without real funny lines. The references to the Scralet letter seem a little bit ambitious seen the actual content of the movie.

It is well acted and it's the kind of funny film nice on the screen and ideal when you do something else at the same time (like cleaning the room, sort out administrative papers, iron your clothes...).

I would say 2.

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Fri 25 Mar, 2011 14:16

I was expecting a lot from this movie. It was cute and mildly funny. It exceeded my expectations, and I liked it. I gave it 4/6
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Return to “North America”