The Motorcycle Diaries (Diarios de motocicleta )

Mark The Motorcycle Diaries

6/6
50%
5/6
No votes
4/6
No votes
3/6
50%
2/6
No votes
1/6
No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 2
Yomghee
marquess
marquess

The Motorcycle Diaries (Diarios de motocicleta )

Postby Yomghee » Mon 04 Oct, 2004 15:04

Sorry for the little picture but i've found better for instance. Here is a great surprise and a great road movie. More, it's a real story. I doesn't want you to be the new Che Gevera, lol but if you have the possibilty to do a travel like taht , DO IT !

So the story :

The Motorcycle Diaries is an adaptation of a journal written by Ernesto "Che" Guevara (Bernal) when he was 23 years old. He and his friend, Alberto Granado (de la Serna) are typical college students who, seeking fun and adventure before graduation, decide to travel across Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Peru in order to do their medical residency at a leper colony.

Beginning as a buddy/road movie in which Ernesto and Alberto are looking for chicks, fun and adventure before they must grow up and have a more serious life. As is said in the film itself, it's about "two lives running parallel for a while." The two best friends start off with the same goals and aspirations, but by the time the film is over, it's clear what each man's destiny has become.

I like very much this movie even if i'm not totaly agree with the message given : "Let the world change you... and you can change the world ". A pure moment of happyness, Great Movie ! Go se it, it's good sometime to see others films and see different kind of Movies ....   ;)

Ups sory my mark : 6/6

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Tue 05 Oct, 2004 23:23

I saw it and found it was a charming movie,

but to me it doesn't go any further.

I d love to make such a trip in south america, looks gorgeous all the way, people seems welcoming... I must find an opportunity :bounce:

but i found that the movies totally misses its targets, we are supposed to understand how the violence that the 2 travellers discover on the continent lead Che Guevara to become Che Guevara.

This metamorphosis is shown in a very beautiful moment when the Che swims across the amazon river, leaving the stable world of the well beeing, rich white people to join the ill, poor abandoned people on the other bank. The shooting makes you understand that now the way back is impossible for the hero, whatever are the consequences of his choice.

But what is disappointing to me me is that you never understand what shocked Che Guevera so heavily.

The movie is of course a summary of a memory book written by el Che, but I think too few violent or misery scenes have been kept.

It gives the impression of a nice trip with nice people on a happy continent. This seems impossible to believe that by meeting 2/3 people that have working problems, anyone can revolt the way Che Guevara s revolt is suggested.

I feel the same about the leprosy hospital in the jungle. It looks a bit like the village of the smurfs, too well aseptized.

That s the weak point of this movie, and I give it a 3.

Yomghee
marquess
marquess

Postby Yomghee » Wed 06 Oct, 2004 00:21

to answer you Nau. i've read the book of Che Gevera but you're expecting something that is not the target of that movie. This movie was not itend to show how che Gevara become Che Guevara but the discovery of his continent with his best friend. A initiatic travel, that's all . Che gevara become che gevara on his secound trip which is not shown in that movie.

And about the swim across the amazon river, for me it's the week point of the movie but saying that the metamorphosis comes from that moment , no way. lol I 'm totaly disagree.

Yes, the misery is not shown as really it was but it's faithful to his roman and how can you do a movie when the Che has only written 15 pages about his first travel ??

Return to “South America”