0/6
11%

Total votes: 9
JackSlater
champion
champion

28 weeks later

Postby JackSlater » Thu 18 Oct, 2007 16:12

This year I awaited a movie a lot : 28 weeks later, the sequel of the very good 28 days later directed by Danny Boyle.This new episode is directed Juan Carlos Fresnadillo but Danny Boyle was here to direct some scenes. It's was an half deception but it was at least good.

The introduction of the movie is set during the event of the first episode, which is during the original outbreak of infection, we discover a couple Don, under exploitaded but perfectly cast with an impressive ( like always ) Robert Carlyle and his wife, there seems safe and we don't really what hapened until a young boy from Sandford (  reference to Hot Fuzz ) came here pursuied by a lot of "infected", so we have 10 PERFECT minutes, really scary, we don't want to move from our chair  :D after a little generic who shows what hapenned during the last 28 weeks, a USA force has prepared the reconstruction of the Great Britain, Don has survived and we discover his children Andy and Tammy.
And there is the bad point of the movie, 20 minutes useless where the children decide to go outside the security zone ( no protected ) to bring back some stuff from their house, they are seen by a marines, and they made almost a day to recover them in London... during this time we discover that Don wife's is alife and she came with a little surprise : she is infected but she is only a carers, she is immunized... so a kiss can made the infection back, it's what's his husband done, so the infection is back.

And then, the action really begins, with the US army who was here to protect people, kill all the people "code red" as they called it. But the infection becames fastly out of control. Like the first one, there is two kind of threat : the infected and the marines shooter... The movie contains freaky scene like a descent in "the tube" with only a night vision of a sniper... or the code red, and the end is really which mean if the dvd sell well, there will be a third episode, so I'll offer the dvd to my relative  :D So 4/6

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 07 Dec, 2007 02:29

I've been quite disapointed by this movie. Maybe because I was expecting too much from it. 3/6 from me.

Magical bum
hero
hero

Re: 28 weeks later

Postby Magical bum » Sun 23 May, 2010 02:10

A strong 0/6 on offer for me but if i could i'd drop it into the minus numbers. It's like the plot takes a u-turn from a realistic infection story to that of an Hollywood crowd pleaser's wet dream. "What do American audiences want to see? AMERICA"

Once we move on from the fact that a preposterous idea that America would be sent in to save England despite the tens of thousands of British troops overseas and pockets of resistance set about as shown by 28 Days later AND the fact that it would probably be a United Nations team in control (OH MY GOD THIS PLOT IS RIDICULOUS) the film also seems to delve into the murky waters of film science. The idea of an immune person comes into play with the main character from the last films with turning up apparently immune. This automatically raises questions of "where were these people in the original film" and even though she'd have been mauled to death by these infected people, who know no reason, how come she seems to be in pretty good condition?

FINALLY we come to the introduction of the Americans going gung-ho and shooting everything in sight, which is again simply boring to watch and a sad attempt by some one with low intelligence to add a secondary threat to an already overwhelmingly threatening situation. Zombies with which one bite will envelope you into a blood letting frenzy is not enough, we need men with guns shooting randomly into crowds of people! This element could have been added in a realistic ways in the form of Vigilantes or people oppressing the government in some form of rogue element but no America gets what America wants and that is their boys popping shots off at civilians.

This leads to the only good scenes within the film. That of the descent into the tube station. These too are sullied by another completely unbelievable aspect of the film.

In short. I want the hours of my life spent watching this film back.

Return to “Europe”