Let the Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)

Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In)

6/6
29%
5/6
57%
4/6
No votes
3/6
14%
2/6
No votes
1/6
No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 7
Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Let the Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)

Postby Rawhide » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 04:41

Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In)

Director: Tomas Alfredson
Writer: John Ajvide Lindqvist (screenplay and novel)
Release Date: 24 October 2008
Tagline: Oskar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl who turns out to be a vampire.
Tagline: Eli is 12 years old. She's been 12 for over 200 years and, she just moved in next door.

This is the story of a a young boy named Oskar (Kåre Hedebrant) who is bullied by the other boys at school and nobody really pays any attention to him at all. He has a good relationship with his mother, but she works late, and he doesn't get to see her very much.

Oskar spends much of his time playing in the courtyard outside his apartment building by himself. Oskar is out there one evening when he meets a little girl his age named Eli (Lina Leandersson). She is standing barefoot in the snow with no coat watching him. She tells him that she has no interest in being his friend and Oskar replies back that he doesn't know why she thinks he'd want to be her friend anyway.

So of course, they quickly become good friends. Oskar eventually asks Eli to be his girlfriend, his first girlfriend. Eli is reluctant because she doesn't want what they have to change. When Oskar tells her that nothing would really change between them, she agrees to be his girlfriend.

Image Image

Oskar is a strange little boy, and Eli is a pretty but very strange little girl. Eli doesn't go to school, doesn't go outside during the day, and when she is outside, she is never cold despite not wearing a coat and being in her bare feet, and he can here her through the walls bossing around her father and yelling at him. When Oskar asks her to be his girlfriend, Eli tells him that she's not a girl ... well, not really. He doesn't understand what that means at the time.

Oskar eventually figures out that Eli is a vampire. He is not too unnerved by this. Eli helps him understand that despite her being a vampire, they're really not all that different from each other. The big difference is that she kills out of neccessity, and Oskar wishes he had the nerve to kill the people that bully him.

Eli gives Oskar the courage to stand up to the boys who pick on him. Oskar picks up a pole at school (the school has gone down to the lake to ice skate) and when the boys start to pick on him, Oskar hits the leader in the ear with the pole, and the bully drops to the ice yelling with blood running down the side of his head. The bullies leave him alone after that ...... for a while.

Eventually, Eli has to flee the city. One of her victims lived and turned into a vampire. The victim's boyfriend figures out where she lives and comes looking to kill her. She doesn't know who else knows about her, and must leave before it is too late. This leaves Oskar all alone and the older brother of the bully that Oskar hit wants revenge.

The boys trick Oskar into coming down to the pool where the older brother tells him that if he can hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes, he'll only cut him a little with the knife he's holding. If he fails, he's going to cut out one of his eyes. Then he forces Oskar's head underwater with the intent of holding him there for the whole 3 minutes.

And then ....... you'll have to watch the movie to see what happens next. :P

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I would not categorize it as a vampire movie. The movie is about the relationship between Oskar and Eli. One of them just happens to be a vampire.

Extended Trailer:

6/6 from me

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In)

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 29 Jul, 2009 19:58

I'm gonna try to get that one really really soon. It sure looks very intriguing.

Thanks for the topic Rawhide !! :gj:

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 16:36

I watched it on my XBox 360 from Netflix. :)
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 16:47

Sadly you don't have access to the same content regarding your country :tears:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Re: Let the Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 17 Oct, 2009 16:33

Blu-Ray on its way. All because of you ;)

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Mon 02 Nov, 2009 23:45

Is it here yet? :bounce:
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 02 Nov, 2009 23:51

Yup it is ! and as I'm tired of waiting for Liewen to be in the mood to watch it, I intended to watch it tonight ;)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 21 Dec, 2009 17:25

FINALLY !! I just saw it and indeed Låt den rätte komma in is a great movie one shouldn't miss ! :)

The storytelling is really interesting and well supported by the cast. I find the girl very good in her role of a girl of "12 years old ... more or less" :gj:

5/6 from me ! :bounce:

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Fri 01 Jan, 2010 16:36

Watched it as well. So far I heard there is more information (backstory) about Eli and her 'dad', so I intend to read it... eventually.

But I liked it, and have been recommending it to people

5/6 for me as well

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 01:39

I want to get the book too.

I think her Dad is the same as Oskar becomes. I think he is the future to which Oskar has to look forward.
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Return to “Europe”