Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

The Horde

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 16:02

The Horde is a French movie directed by Yannick Dahan and Benjamin Rocher. It was released on French screens two weeks ago and has already been sold to several countries so you might have a chance to see it in your movie theaters or home cinemas soon ;)

In this movie we follow a bunch of cops and baddies forced to cooperate for survival while zombies are spreading around them, hungry for fresh meat.

After one of their teammates has been murdered by a gang, a band of cop decides to go undercover for payback time. They meet in the gang's estate and decide to go to the top of the building where the gang leaders are hiding, eliminating everyone who'd get in their way. But things don' exactly turn as they intended too and soon they find themselves caught between the heavy armed baddies and enraged zombies.

The Horde is not a zombie movie. With a script very similar to Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13, The Horde is indeed far more playing in the 80's "badass" movies courtyard, than on Romero's one.

In The Horde you find testosterone at every levels, starting with the casting made around real charismatic mugs. Then comes the dialogs with loads of quotes, often over-played.

While the French cinema is nowadays quite shy, not to say snob, regarding the B movies genre, The Horde is a kind of guilty pleasure; quite disappointing if you expect a real horror movie but very enjoyable if you know what you're about to watch. :wink:

Honestly you must also know that I may not be totally objective about The Horde as thelostforum.net is one of the 468 "additional" co-producers of this movie through motionsponsor.com and if you look carefully you might recognize in the scene from which is taken the picture below some TLFers like absinthe, Blunt, Rottweiler or Azrael (if I had known the "running zombies" were just to stand around a car I might have come as well :P) ;)

Personally if I'm not pleased regarding French cinema's snob-ism regarding the fantastic genre movies, I'm also disappointed that nearly all recent initiatives to do a fantastic movie ends in a referential B movie (Atomik Circus being the worst example coming to my mind) while we do have writers, directors and excellent actors to serve a real story.

Nevertheless, as I've already said it, you'll spent a nice time watching The Horde for a "pizza horror night" with friends and I give it a nice 4/6 for this so see it !!
(and if you are numerous enough I might even make 1 or 2€ thanks to you ;)) :D

absinthe
ambassador
ambassador

Re: The Horde

Postby absinthe » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 16:34

You made a mistake, I was not a Zombie on La Horde. I played Zombie only on the short film called The paris by night on the living dead and unfortunately I have seen it yet !
But I agree with you about La Horde : it's funny and for me it's 4/6 too

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: The Horde

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 16:46

Whoops ! Corrected ! I thought you were there too. We'll track the short for or short movies forum then. ;)

Return to “Europe”