semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Undead

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 16 May, 2004 22:32

Seen tonight with DigiNico and Nau an australian movie : Undead

I had learned about this gore movie from Australia and was awaiting to see it but as its release comes closer and closer I had not very good echoes about it ...

So I didn't know what to expect and ... finally it has been a very very good surprise  :bounce:

The action takes place in Berkeley, a small village of fishermen in Australia.

Here we follow Rene who has decided to leave this town. The problem is that, as she'll leave the town she'll soon have to deal with monsters while the village has just been bombarded by meteorits.

It seems that all people who are in contact with this metorits turns in zombies, hungry zombies looking for some fresh brains to eat :D

She is rescued by Marion, a loony guy who his convinced to be a Choosen One, in mission for humanity's safeguard.

Soon the survivors regroup in a small group and try to escape the zombies' hordes and to learn what the Hell is happening  :roll:

This movie has been written and directed by two twin brothers : Michael and Peter Spierig.

It has cost only 450,000 € and you don't see at all it has had such a small budget.

The Spierig brothers drive you in a loony ride where you'll see some "to become cult" scenes like an incredible action scene where Marion hang to the walls upside down, using his cow-boy boots'spurs. 8)

Marion also benefits of some very nice choreographies for his gun scenes.

I've read the last user coment on IMDB and I'm a little bit dispaointed as the story is very simple. The only point is that it is not at all a zombie horror movie. You are here to have fun and you'll have it :)

Very nice surprise after the most known movies I've seen who have sadely disapointed me (like Troy :P ... topic to come soon).

I give it a weel earned 4/6, thumbs up :D

Chevvie

DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Mon 17 May, 2004 00:53

I marked it 4/6 also.

Very good suprise. Some little rythm problems (some scenes seem quite uselessly long ), but most of the movie is hilarious, the sfx are impressive (given the total cost of the movie...), and the story is quite original.

All in all, I had a really good time watching it.
Si tu bois sans avoir soif, faut pas t'etonner de pisser sans en avoir envie...

Blog Tumblr

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Mon 17 May, 2004 17:30

This movie is extraordinary for such a little production,

the special effects are better than in most blockbusters, and this confirms to me that we are to see more and more movies with high standards of quality designed on home computers

good thing it will force the majors to raise their own level not to be beaten in the competition.

I enjoyed the movie, but I got the impression that the Spierig brothers are too preoccupied with making their story sounds logical,

when they forget to develop the characters

At one moment I had the impression that the zombies were going to have the behaviour that the "former owner" of their body had, like in many "zombi movies" (I think this is the case with dawn of the dead), but this idea seems to be abandoned during the film,

that s too bad, because some character introductions are hilarious, such as the macho-panicking police officer, the silent cowboy...

but it eventually only leads to an " undead shooting " movie, where the monsters are undifferencied and are only targets for the crew of heroes.

I spent a good moment, but I had the impression that the authors do not fulfill the stories that should be the result of all the ideas they introduce,

in clear, it looks a bit " unfinished " to me.

I put a 3.

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Fri 16 Sep, 2005 20:29

I saw this one last Halloween season on the Sci-Fi channel. It was pretty good as a whole though zombies are not one of my favorite horror creatures. I give it a 3/6 plus I give it a half point bonus for the triple barrel shotgun and another half point bonus for the really cool movie poster!!

4/6 total!!

coolfrog
elite
elite

Re: Undead

Postby coolfrog » Sat 23 May, 2009 01:32

i give a 5/6 jsut because i like undead movies very much :gj:

Return to “Oceania”