Total votes: 37
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 24 May, 2004 13:19

I'm quite sure we'll see the entire healing process of Faramir in the extended version. Don't forget it will be a 4:15 hours movie ;)

The current version is "only" 3:20 :)

I see your point but as I've already said several times, my favourite movie is David Lynch's Dune and I'm used to hear that the movie has forgotten many things, regarding the books (but people so easily forgot all Lynch has added...). There is rumors about a 9hours movie Lynch would have done ...

Regarding the movie I think Peter Jackson has done a wonderfull work regarding the time he has for his movies. I mean he just couldn't follow exactly the book ...

xdeathknightx
earl
earl

Postby xdeathknightx » Mon 24 May, 2004 17:31

yeah me missed tom bombadil too and was suprised only frodo his knife was glowing seeing as how gandalf was wearing and elfen sword (glamdring or orcrist I dunno which one anymore)

Lord LousyLance
squire
squire

Postby Lord LousyLance » Sun 11 Jul, 2004 21:44

I'm a bit late, but since the extended edition isn't here yet, I guess I can give some of my opinions about the movie...

It rocked :D

I can see why elric has a problem with the changes from the book. However, since film is a whole different kind of a way to tell a story than a book is I guess that Jackson didn't have much choice, and I can live with most of the decisions he made. I guess books and film will never translate one on one...

Personally, I never liked Tom Bombadil, and I tend to skip that part when I reread the books. So I didn't miss him in FotR. However, I acknowledge the importance of the weapon Merry gets there. But, when Merry and Pippin get picked up by the Uruk-Hai, they lose their weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see that when Merry swears fealty to Theoden (because that will be in the extended edition), we get some scene where it says the small sword he picks is ancient and supposed to have magical properties. I know, it'd be an easy way out, but at least that hole would be covered...

The Scourging of the Shire was also left out for a good reason, I think. For a movie it would have been too much to add yet another battle, after Pelennor Fields and The Black Gate.

The part where Gollum is alienating Frodo from Sam was unneccesary.

Other things that will be in the extended edition:
- Gandalf's final confrontation with Saruman. Good too, since that palantir couldn't have ended up there in the water in any other way.
- I expect to see Denethor accepting Pippin's offer of service as well.
- Gandalf's confrontation with The Witch King, on the walls of Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn using the palantir to distract Sauron.
- Faramir and Eowyn in the House of Healing. I hope they do the part where Aragorn heals them as well.
- Sam taking the Ring, and the orcs fighting at Cirith Ungol before he enters.
- The mouth of Sauron taunting Aragorn and company at the Black Gate. I seem to recall there is evidence that he'll show the mithril shirt as well.

My 3 favourite scenes:

1. The arrival, lining up and charge of the Rohirrim. That was awesome, and I totally agree with Chevvie. That scene can still make me a bit emotional as well.

2. The scene where Faramir and his company ride out to charge at Osgiliath. Especially the part where you see the company leave, the city, while both soldiers and citizens know it's they are riding to their deaths.

3. The lighting of the beacons. That was a marvelous scene.

I probably forgot a lot of what i wanted to say besides all this.

I can't wait to do a marathon with the extended editions :D
"You can't hide those Lyin' Eyes, but I can put them out Image" -  Angel Eyes, aka KIT KAT

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 01 Dec, 2004 23:40

Now that the cinemadville frenchies will do this marathon soon ;)

Snake should have shared this link here instead of the private forum, watch =>THIS<= and get mad of expectation  :bounce:  :D

snake
prince
prince

Postby snake » Wed 01 Dec, 2004 23:45

Chevalier Bayard wrote:Now that the cinemadville frenchies will do this marathon soon ;)

Snake should have shared this link here instead of the private forum, watch =>THIS<= and get mad of expectation :bounce: :D

sorry but I was so exciting, please forgive me :)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 07 Dec, 2004 01:31

Well guys ... you can rush on the extended version.

I've just seen it and it is as good as expected. Like for The Two Towers you really wonder how they've managed to cut some scenes that we hopefully find on this edition :)

The Voice of Sauron in particular is absolutely great (You could see him on the trailer given before). Still no cleaning of the Shire but the final confrontation is there

:spoilers: and for those who have seen the trailer and have the same idea I had ... indead the end of Sarouman is finally close to the one he has in the book

A master piece ... nothing to add :bounce:

xdeathknightx
earl
earl

Postby xdeathknightx » Tue 07 Dec, 2004 17:05

it is chev but it is not in the shire but at his own tower and that is not close to the books

Hitmann47
baron
baron

Postby Hitmann47 » Tue 07 Dec, 2004 18:30

can't wait, caaaaaann't waaaaiiitt .... 8)

xdeathknightx
earl
earl

Postby xdeathknightx » Tue 07 Dec, 2004 20:18

3 more days

snake
prince
prince

Postby snake » Tue 07 Dec, 2004 20:20

xdeathknightx wrote:3 more days

1 less day :D

Return to “Oceania”