Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Nintendo 3DS

Postby Skaila » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:32

We all know the Nintendo DS. The handheld gaming tool with two screens where the bottom screen is a touchscreen. We all know the recent upgrades to it, going from a Lite version, to DSi and finally DSi XL. Prepare to be baffled by the newest upgrade, or should I say innovation?

Nintendo 3DS

What's so exciting about this new handheld system? 3D.

Yes you're read it right. 3D. Ever since the success of 3D movies such as Avatar (it all started there), the gaming industry has been trying to get 3D working with their games. Personally I don't care much about 3D. I wear glasses for read and for when i'm on pc or watching a movie, so I'm not generally in the mood for wearing extra funky glasses to watch a simple movie or play a game.

Guess what? You don't NEED glasses anymore. This is the first glasses-FREE 3D you'll experience. I'll give them that, I'm impressed.

Say you don't like 3D, you can turn it off. There is a slider where you can adjust the setting. It also has two cameras on the outside for 3D picture taking, and the feature that surprises me the most: the ability to play 3D Hollywood movies.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that's awesome. Just.... it still IS a rather small screen. I don't know about anyone else, but I rather see a normal movie on a normal screen than having a special 3D movie on a supersmall screen. Still, it's awesome news and let's hope they keep expanding this.
ImageImage

Bradaviel
prince
prince

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Postby Bradaviel » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:55

I also expected a bigger upper screen. But i guess that'll have to do.
Still don't know what i think about adding an analog "stick", but this one at least better than the PSP's.
The Blog is Dead : mots du mort

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:56

While Tekila and I were sharing a flat during our studies, I was very frustrated cause I've never seen anything but blurry images in his 3D books he enjoyed so much. They used the very same process as the DS, Crysis 2 and, as I just learned it, the new Mortal Kombat: stereoscopy.

After having passed thru already 2 re-educational session with an orthoptist I known that I just can't see anything. Speaking with my orthoptist I've learn that she was having more and more patients with people like me spending already lots of time in front of their coputer and TV screens, not making their eyes "working" a lot as they are focused on a small area. If already the TV brings her a lot more patient, I think DS3D is sponsored by the Orthoptists Guild ! :D

Actually I thought, stereoscopy books had been forbidden a few years ago ...

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 15:28

As seen on E3. I LOVED the fact they had dozens (hundred?) of girls prancing around with the 3DS xD

So everyone could try it out.

So take a look:

ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 18 Jan, 2011 17:45

Watch live tomorrow, January 19th at 15:00 CET (Central Europe Time), Nintendo 3DS European Preview Event at Amsterdam. Just be on time and click on the link below. :teamspeak:

=> http://live.nintendo3ds.nintendo-europe.com

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 31 Jan, 2011 17:23

As I doubt I'll be able to see any 3D thru stereoscopy, I've asked Liewen to come with me at the 3DS presentation we're invited to Thursday next :)

More infos soon then, I guess :gj:

Return to “Computer Geeks”