Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Gmail Priority Inbox

Postby Skaila » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 12:27

Gmail revolutionised how people use e-mail. It's easy, you can store a lot of e-mails on the inbox and you can link several accounts. But best of all, you can check your e-mail everywhere you go, as long as you've got internet.

We all get e-mails such as spam and sometimes important e-mails get lost in the process. I use labels a lot to categorise where things go. But you can only label e-mails AFTER you have received them, so that's not ideal either. I can imagine for some people this can be frustrating, it's for me at times.

But lo and behold, now there is Gmail's Priority Inbox. The best part is that you can switch from the normal Inbox to the Priority Inbox. An idea of how the PI looks like can be found here.

You've got three rows now. One for priority mail, one for starred mail (which you can hide) and one for the normal mail. Your Gmail is also intuitive. In the beginning it'll tag certain mail as Priority and certain e-mail as normal. Luckily for you, you can adjust this easily.

The following two icons either prioritise your e-mail (yellow +) or de-prioritise your e-mail (grey -). If you're interested in this new feature: check out the video:

ImageImage

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Re: Gmail Priority Inbox

Postby Rawhide » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 16:28

I take exception to the first line. GMail came 5 years after Hotmail. It was just a copy of Hotmail, not revolutionary.
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Return to “Computer Geeks”