RPG : Humanydyne

Discussions around RPG. Online and IRL games.
jainaxf
high guard
high guard

RPG : Humanydyne

Postby jainaxf » Wed 28 Apr, 2010 20:50

Humanydyne is a French game that Cubicle 7 is going to publish in English in May 2010 (if everything goes according to plan ! :roll: )
Do you like super powers and investigations ? Then, this game is just what you need !

Here is a short presentation from Cubicle 7 :

Humanydyne is a role-play game set in a world, very close to our own, where super-heroes really exist, jumping from building to building and fighting Machiavellian super-criminals. But the reality is far bleaker that that of comic books. Behind the blinding facade of the super-heroes hide far more sordid stories: murders, blackmail, terrorism, kidnapping, racism… all these things erupt in the wings of this new show-biz, while in the street young mutants with uncontrollable powers try to change the world to their ideals, before falling into more primitive forms of violence.

The characters are part of Humanydyne, an agency specialized in post-human investigation. Each one of them were once, or could have become, a super-hero, one of those numerous costumed beings in the streets and skies of New York, Paris and Tokyo or part of one of the famous super-hero groups or societies.

But rather than choose that, they chose to hang up their capes and their costumes, and become anonymous in order to offer their abilities for the benefit of Humanydyne. More than policemen or simple FBI agents, these characters are often the only barrier between civilians and criminals whose powers are only outdone by the darkness of their souls.

So, this game is like a mix of X-Men (rejections of mutants) and X-Files (investigations).

I am now running a campaign and the universe is full of possibilities ! 8-)
Characters can have very different backgrounds (you can even have characters coming from alternative dimensions if you can't find what you're looking for in the home universe !), and as a GM, you also have plenty of possibilities !
The official scenarios offer you an official arc anyway (it is spread in the various supplements, I hope Cubicle 7 will translate these as well ! Most of them are free and online in French, except for Les Nouveaux Russes) ! We get the feeling the world will change radically in the coming years !

The universe is full of nods and parodies of existing super-heroes, it is great for the geeks we are ! :D
However, the author also managed to create something original by including shamanism and elements from aztec mythology ! As the official story begins in 2010, 2012 is just around the corner !
You can also easily run "small" independent scenarios and French supplements gives you several synopsis for small incidents to make your PCs lives more interesting !

The system is very free-form : you can choose the number and the type of dice to roll. Even numbers are successes and uneven numbers are failure. The more successes/failures you get, the more spectacular are the results.
We tried it but my PCs are quite traditional, so we adopted the system of Silver Age Sentinels (a variant of BESM) after just one game.
It IS original, try it to see if it is for you !

To conclude, it is a very good super-heroes game where PCs don't play supers but agents, so the investigation/interrogation parts are easily introduced and you can still have huge battles ! :yeah:

Here are a few useful links :

Cubicle 7's web page to order the game : http://shop.cubicle7store.com/epages/es113347.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es113347_shop/Products/CB71700

The other are unfortunately all in French but Hopefully, English websites should appear shortly !

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/brainsoda/New/humanidyne.htm (French publisher)

Official forum :http://www.7emecercle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27
Web site with resources (scenarios, inspirations) ! http://www.leludiste.fr/infos//index.php?id=53

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: RPG : Humanydyne

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 15 May, 2010 00:06

I do feel a lot "traditionnal" as a PC too reading your text about the game system, indeed very free ! :eek: :D

Otherwise I didn't know about this game yet and its universe is clearly among the ones I like. Thanks for the introduction ! :gj:

Return to “RPG Table”