Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

F.A.C.T.S. (Ghent)

Postby Skaila » Fri 05 Mar, 2010 23:42

One thing I have always hated about living in Belgium and Europe, the lack of cenventions. In the USA, there is one every week, and truth to be told, I never researched it. Thankfully many ears ago, a friend pointed out F.A.C.T.S.

What does FACTS stand for? Fantasy, Animation, Comics, Toys, Space. It started way back in 1993 and the very first time I attended was in 2006.

What did I see then? Merchandise everywhere, so I went crazy. I got a Snape bust (my prrrrrecious), I got Trek bracelets, Trek ships... NO laughing with my Star Trek addiction >.>

But the best part for me was meeting the actors. Now at the time the cast of Allo Allo was there (Helga, Herr Flick and Lt. Gruber). Lance Henricksen, Michael Ironside, C3PO, some people from Lost an actor from Trek (Armstrong). best time I had.

The years afterwards I didn't go. The actors didn't appeal to me and the location at the time was rather constricting. A lot of people walking around and well you get the idea. Pure chaos. Thankfully they changed locations and now MORE SPACE.

So i went again last year, dragged a friend of mine with me and was meeting up with a friend in Ghent. The convention had changed and it had become bigger and better. The booths where you can buy merchandise are still there, the people are friendly. There is one guy (American) who sells awesome t-shirts. Before you ask, yes bought two trek t-shirts. I'm a geek, I know xD

You've also got the gaming corner with competitions going. Ubisoft was there to show a demo about Assassin's Creed II, there was the Wii corner where you could try out a new game etc. Of course, i cannot forget to mention the cosplay competition. There are several people walking around in costumes. Some are pretty good actually.

Anyway... I'm planning on going this year. i've already managed to convince two friends to tag along. One is going to cosplay as a gypsy, the other one is still thinking about, i'll persuade him or whack, probably both. I'm going as Elisabeth Swan (At World's End) pirate outfit, if all goes well.

Everyone is invited to come, and I'll make sure to take some pics to post here then.

Here is a link to the website and when it'll be. Keep checking for the actors. Last year Robert Picardo (EMH from ST: Voyager) was going to come, but he canceled. He DID leave a video message to the fans apologizing, and he may appear this year. My inner Trekkie (and outer one) are hoping he'll come this year.

Here's the site for FACTS, all info is there.

http://www.facts.be
ImageImage

storm
knight
knight

Re: F.A.C.T.S. (Ghent)

Postby storm » Sun 07 Mar, 2010 19:44

I used to go to this convention when I lived in Belgium. My best memories was from the FACTS 2004 when I saw David Carradine, Dirk Benedict and the guy playing Chewbacca (he's really really tall)

I went there dressed as Linsner's Dawn but apparently Dawn wasn't very known in Belgium :p

We might be going this year

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 18:28

I was thinking that... it would be a good idea to have a TLF delegation there, wouldn't it ? :roll:

I need to do a a kind of geek pilgrimage this year...

Others interested ? Who's in for a little trip in Belgium around the 23rd-24th october 2010 week-end ?? :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Skaila
elite
elite

Postby Skaila » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 18:37

YAY, I'll probably be going Saturday and just one day. Since it IS a LONG way with a train from where I live unfortunately. And early too, or else you can wait for an hour in line as well. Just saying :P

And Elisabeth Swan, blah. i'll be going as generic pirate, if all goes well >.>
ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 09 Jun, 2010 07:22

Some news on the website:
F.A.C.T.S. news wrote:After the previous announcements of artists Frank Cho (Shanna, Liberty Meadows, Ultimates), Dave Gibbons (Watchmen, Martha Washington), famed cartoonist Lectrr and Brandon Peterson (Ultimate Vision, Medieval Spawn/Witchblade, Strange, Mystic) to our 20th anniversary show in Gent, Belgium, we are now pleased to introduce fantasy artist Anne Stokes.

Skaila
elite
elite

Postby Skaila » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 21:13

First actress announced: KRISTANNA LOKEN !!

Known from Terminator 3, Bloodrayne, the L Word and much much more!!

ImageImage

Skaila
elite
elite

Postby Skaila » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 09:50

Updates:

Kristanna Loken has CANCELLED her appearance this year.

Who is coming so far (actors concerned):

Robert Picardo!

He had to cancel his appearance last year and sent the fans a video message where he apologised. Ain't he grand? He played the EMH on ST: Voyager and in Stargate: Atlantis.

The next person who is coming is...

Jewel Staite

She starred in the immensely popular Firefly (which was cancelled too soon in my opinion), and also had a role on Stargate: Atlantis and many other shows.

ImageImage

Skaila
elite
elite

Postby Skaila » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 09:38

Since F.A.C.T.S. is closing in on us, they have announced TWO new actors. I have to admit, they've got a GREAT line-up this year.

The first one (or third by now) is DWIGHT SCHULTZ

He's best known for his role as Murdoch in The A-Team and Lt. Reginal Barclay in Star Trek

Also a fellow A-Teamer has been announced as well and that is Dirk Benedict.

He's known, as I said, for his role as Face in The A-Team, and as Starbuck in the original BattleStar Galactica series.

ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 07 Oct, 2010 20:24

Hotel booked! Liewen and I will be there too :bounce:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god