Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

[attraction] Ellip6, 1st center in Pierrelatte, Drôme FR

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 11 Jul, 2010 01:52

My parents are leaving not very far from Pierrelatte, a little town in Drôme Provençale (26) in the South of France. Tonight Fouguet took us to an awesome place which, I must confess, I did not expect to find there Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

This place is called Ellip6 and it hosts eighteen 6 axels simulators on which you run Formula 1 or Rallye races or even fly an helicopter. 16 simulation cabs are dedicated to car simulations and 2 to flying simulation. You can also practice come "extreme sport simulations" which I haven't seen tonight.

If you wonder what kind of sensation a 6 axels simulator can give, this little video should give you a nice preview ;)

You will find some more video presenting Ellip6 on this page which seems to be their Youtube page. You will also find all practical infos and some more pics and videos on www.ellip6.com. The English translation is not perfect but who am I to blame them ( :D )? and if you do need any help, I'm here ;)

Tonight we've tried the formula including lunch+10min session of car simulation. All for 35€ per person which was quite interesting as the lunch did taste pretty good.

Then Diotime, Fouguet and I tried the formula 1 race which is quite impressive. If you test it, know that it is a bit more permissive than Gran Turismo or Forza but when I realized that and decided to take profit of it I had quite an epic crash :D

Fouguet and I then tried the rallye race which I have prefered. Sadly there was only one cab available on the two dedicated to helicopter simulation cause I would have loved to try it patroling with Fouguet over Pierrelatte. Maybe another time. Here is a little video of the Flight Simulator screens.

The place has opened only a few months ago, I must say I'm still skeptical about its profitability in this area but I hope it will work as that's the kind of initiative I do love. So if you ever stop in French Drôme, make a detour by Ellip6! :)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: [attraction] Ellip6, 1st center in Pierrelatte, Drôme FR

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 11 Jul, 2010 18:57

Ok more news about the Extreme Sports part with first the full title being "3D Extreme Sports" as you can have 3D wearing special glasses on the ride which is currently a ride on a quad or on a snow sled. Check this video :)

Return to “Geeks around the World”