Finally we do leave ServerYard (and go Green ;))

Welcome in visitors. This place is open to all who have something to say or look for informations.
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Finally we do leave ServerYard (and go Green ;))

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 13 Mar, 2010 14:35

After a long time spent at Server Yard, unexpected offline times and a 24/7 support which doesn't include week-ends, I have finally decided to use some time to move to another host.

To be coherent with TLF current look on Facebook (check HERE) and also as I am concerned about these issues, I've looked for a green wen hosting company. After several researches and hard choices I've decided to go to GreenGeeks.com. I've only read good things about them. If you don't share the Green preoccupations, know also that the basic offers is more interesting than our former host with, for example, unlimited disk and MySQL databases spaces.

They are also taking care of the migration. Working in the area, I doubt I won't have to get involved in this :D

Well, all this to warn you that TLF might be offline for a bit in the next following days. But don't worry I've also decided to do this now as I am on holidays till Friday and available to act quick if needed.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Re: Finally we do leave ServerYard (and go Green ;))

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 14 Mar, 2010 15:56

Well our database is unusually big for a forum database and the phpMyAdmin page is not responding :D

Anyway I've already been in touch with a guy from support (on a Sunday, something which has never happened at Serveryard) and, as they proposed it, I let them take care of the migration which should be effective in the next 24/48 hours max.

Especially if you start a new topic before the migration is over. Be sure to save the text on your hard drive as well cause it might be lost if it's typed down after the database is saved.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 13:56

All was finished today very early morning and works great ! :)

Btw, mail accounts @thelostforum.net are back if you're interested ;)

And so is the thelostforum.net not redirecting automatically to thelostforum.winonlyriders.net one :bounce:

Baskerville
crusader
crusader

Postby Baskerville » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 18:04

This double domains cookie issue is solved. You can now log from both thelostforum.net or, like I did right now to thelostforum.winonlyriders.net ;)
"Looks a bit weirdski" Van - The Win-Only mantra

Return to “The Lobby”