DVD marathon #03 : the vote

Movies critics, rumors and other related topics.

Choose DVD marathon #3 theme

Poll ended at Sat 09 May, 2009 04:20

Star Trek decology
38%
Leone/Eastwood Spaghetti Western Trilogy
38%
Special XVIth c. England
13%
"Horror" and Musicals
13%

Total votes: 8
Liewen
champion
champion
Xbox Live ID: Liewen
Wii code: 7822003881806675
raptr ID: Liewen

Re: DVD marathon #03 : the vote

Postby Liewen » Wed 15 Apr, 2009 21:26

With no surprise I voted for the XVIth c. England trilogy :bounce:

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Sat 25 Apr, 2009 13:26

Even though I love Repo, I voted Star Trek

Trekkies shall inherit the Earth!
ImageImage

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Mon 27 Apr, 2009 07:41

Horror musicals sounds funny. :teamspeak:

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Mon 04 May, 2009 21:31

I voted for Eastwood of course. No big surprise there!!!

I'd like to see a "marathon" where we watch the original Halloween and then watch Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween and compare the two.
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 04 May, 2009 22:15

And now we have a tie... We need more voters !! :)

I've not seen yet anything like an advertising campaign yet like I expected. Now is the time :roll:

For Halloween, well on Friday we start marathon#2 (and I mad I've just discovered it seemed impossible to get rid of the area control on my new player as my dvds for Back to the Future are area #1 :uzi: ), so we'll start the marathon#4 ideas collections (and yes Anakin you can come back with your idea about Q.T. :roll: ...).

Regarding the marathons I was also thinking about possibilities with TV series on Lamtbon they have a marathon around Buffy with 6 episodes per month. Maybe we could have one marathon with the Movie Theater and one with Serial Addicts forum ... would there be some people following ? :roll:

Regarding the marathons, do you think we continue like that one marathon after the former one or maybe we do some break and see if new ideas are coming ? I'm afraid that maybe people would stop quickly if we just go on and on (but personally I'm more than ready for it !! :D).

Just let me know and please don't forget to discuss the movies in the topics after having watched them (only ONE post in the Two Towers topic :eek: ).

If you have ideas in order to improve the system please share them :hi:

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Thu 21 May, 2009 19:31

If it will help, I can create a 2nd account to break the tie. :D

I didn't participate in the LOTR marathon because I had seen them all recently right before teh marathon was announced. I didn't partake of the BTTF marathon because I've seen them all too many times already, and I don't really want to see them again.

I want to propose a Steve Martin marathon. I was thinking that we could do it a couple of different ways. Either we select 3 or 4 of his movies that we all watch or we each choose 3 or 4 of his movies to watch and we discuss the ones each other watched.

For me, I think these 4 movies represent his best body of work, plus it represents the span of his career and the best mix of comedy styles that he is known for:

The Jerk
Roxanne
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
L.A. Story

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 21 May, 2009 21:06

This system of proposals/votes used for the first marathons was to make people participate and used to it.

The success for this second marathon is very relative as I don't see any post about it anywhere. Anyway people are already used about the marathons so I think that from now on everyone can start a topic and propose a marathon ... and see if people are joining or not (some advertisement through signatures might help as well as some proselytism in Facebook for example :D) and decide of the schedule when the first interested have joined :)

Regarding your proposal I'm very interested Raw as that's a long time I've seen these movies and I think I've never seen one of them (Planes, Trains & Automobiles). But I have first to get myself the dvds and with the flat move I prefer avoiding the dvd orders during the time in between the 2 flats... if we start in August or September you can count on me ! :)

I let you start the recruiting topic ! :D

Return to “The Lost Forum's Movie Theater”