Favourite movie sequences...

Movies critics, rumors and other related topics.
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Favourite movie sequences...

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 10 May, 2009 01:33

Yup ! Great film indeed anakinfett1138 (but few entries and votes in the dedicated topic though...) :gj:

I continue with a totally other genre with this sequence from Game of Death in which Bruce Lee faces Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a pupil of his in real life and also a massive basketball player. I've always like this "David vs Goliath" like fight scene :)

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Mon 11 May, 2009 10:32

This isn't for the faint of heart, but I loved the scene in Nightbreed where Narcisse shows Aaron (later renamed Cabal) his inner self to prove that he belongs in Midian among the Nightbreed.

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXk_YgfTNKc (Embedding disabled by request)

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Sun 17 May, 2009 00:33

When you saw the opening sequence of Office Space, you knew it was going to be a good movie!!

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 17 May, 2009 00:58

:lol: Never heard about that last movie but you made me very curious about it Raw ! ;)

Today I post too (and again) an opening sequence, the amazing opening for Lord of War during which we follow a gun bullet from its "birth" in a factory to its "death" in a child's head... More efficient than tons of speeches, a must see ! :gj:

JackSlater
champion
champion

Postby JackSlater » Sun 17 May, 2009 21:05

Escape From Los Angeles

The movie was a minor disappointment but happily the ending was here, and what a way to end a movie. The most frightening thing is that it can still be applied today.

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Mon 18 May, 2009 00:51

Chevalier Bayard wrote::lol: Never heard about that last movie but you made me very curious about it Raw ! ;)

Are you serious??? But you work in IT. It's the ultimate cult movie for people who work in IT.

Here's another classic scene from Office Space. In this scene, Peter, the slacker in the bunch who hasn't been showing up to work, has just learned that he's going to be promoted while his two friends who are really hard workers and the best developers the company has are going to be fired and their job outsourced to India. Peter makes it up for them by stealing the much hated printer from the office so they can "say goodbye" to it.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 18 May, 2009 01:15

lol yeah I had seen that scene on youtube already while I was looking for more stuff on that movie. Actually the movie has been released in France with one of the very worst title possible: 35 Heures c'est déjà Trop ("35 Hours is already enough" linked I guess to one of the Left wing social program).

I had in fact heard about it only because there are several questions about that movie, including some with a sequence, in Scene It! on my Xbox 360 :D

But now really I'm gonna try to get it. And on your part you have to rush on The It Crowd if it's not done yet Raw ;)

Now let me add a sequence here ... mmmm ... one quickly found as I should be in bed already...

Let's go for the famous Rocky IV training montage then :D

On the following video you have infact the two training sequences. Top 80s sequence for a very emblematic 1980s movie ! :)

In these sequences, we see both Rocky and Ivan Drako training themselves in USSR. On one hand Rocky is going back to the roots, playing the lumberjack and going through basic exercices, while on the other hand Drako trains in some kind of a science laboratory with the only goal being to make him a killing machine.

It's very interesting to see how at that time the U.S. shows the virtues of the "natural ways" against the deviances of technology and chemistry. Nowadays it goes often in the other way :roll:

Plissken is wrong ... some things do change :)

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Mon 18 May, 2009 20:42

And now for something really different .... here is a scene from one of my favorite comedies of all time, Zorro the Gay Blade. George Hamilton plays the son of Zorro who has returned after his father's death and learns of his father's secret. His father leaves him in charge of carrying on Zorro's legacy and defending the people from tyranny. Unfortunately, Zorro has injured his leg in a daring escape and can't continue fighting for a while.

Coincidentally, I once used a line from this movie as my victory cry in BattleMail: "I defend the fendless; I befriend the friendless; and I defeat the .... uhhhh .... feetless."

Fortunately, his brother returns just in time to take over for him. Unfortunately, his brother is very effeminate (lady-like). In this scene, he is trying to teach his brother to act and talk like Zorro.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 20 May, 2009 01:43

Still have to see that one too :)

And today again for something completely different: here comes the aero-braking sequence from 2010: The Year We Make Contact. The movie, influenced by the author of the books Arthur C. Clarke tends to be as most realistic as it can be and this sequence doesn't make space journey as easy and peaceful as they appear in most movies :D

Clearly, using the gravity of planets and their atmosphere to gain or lose speed is not a "piece of pie" ;)

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Wed 20 May, 2009 03:07

This is the best scene from the movie Bad Boys (1983) starring Sean Penn. In this scene, Sean Penn is the new guy in juvenile prison, and the two older boys that are "running" the place come in to his cell to welcome him to prison by beating him up and raping him. You may have guessed already that things don't turn out the way they planned.

Embedding is disabled for this video, so you'll have to click the link to go see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82BK54Rh58g

Return to “The Lost Forum's Movie Theater”