2%
other
56%

Total votes: 45
Black Widow
counselor
counselor

Postby Black Widow » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 21:44

Archos wrote:well the poll didnt really cover my favourite series....

I know, I know... I just wrote a few popular ones only to start talking about the shows we love. there's so many great shows, it's hard to cover everything. but this topic is here to talk about everything ;) (except "Charmed".  :D )

right now I'm a huge fan of the new series "Battlestar Galactica" (how not to be? it's incredible!!!), I really liked Minear's "the Inside" (and I hate FOX forever for canceling it) which had a big potential (and it's Tim Minear's, that's a excellent reason to watch) and I'm gonna start "Stargate Atlantis" because Snake brainwashed me. :D  
and I can't wait to see the new season of "Veronica Mars"! :bounce:  (but not "the OC", season 2 was too disappointing).
no, I'm not watching too many shows...I'm not a geek.... :P

captainnimmo
elite
elite

Postby captainnimmo » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 22:05

i liked the original Battlestar galatica, seemed more fun, but my friend loves the new series, i may actually have to watch it and give it a chance, but from a distance it looks like everyother sci-fi series at the moment (star trek, andromida, star gate...)
ImageImage

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 22:17

derrick season 2345 (the one with the grey coat)

Black Widow
counselor
counselor

Postby Black Widow » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 22:20

captainnimmo wrote:i liked the original Battlestar galatica, seemed more fun, but my friend loves the new series, i may actually have to watch it and give it a chance, but from a distance it looks like everyother sci-fi series at the moment (star trek, andromida, star gate...)

no no no no no! nothing like those shows. everybody around me was talking about it, i said "okay, let's have a look" with no big conviction and...woah! it's amazing. the mini-series was good but when the first season starts it's totally amazing. the best scifi show on air.

if you like the original series you might be disappointed because they've made some big changes (especially with the characters), but the scripts are perfect (the writers are really good. Ron Moore is a genius).
watch it, you'll see how addictive it is. ;)

captainnimmo
elite
elite

Postby captainnimmo » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 22:27

fair enough, that was the other thing that upset me, i know about the making starbuck a woman and so on, but maybe if i treat as something entirely different i may enjoy it...
ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 29 Aug, 2005 23:35

Another serie where the first episode hasn't managed to make me watch the next.

I've found it rather boring and keep with my Space 1999 and my Star Trek Voyager and Next Generation :P

I've found no real interrest in this new Battlestar Gallactica except Edward James Olmos (Blade Runner) whom I miss till Miami Vice 8)

I've been greatly surprised by Stargate Atlantis, especially as I dislike Stargate SG-1.

But for now the best sci-fi show is Doctor Who 2005 !! :bounce: :D

Albatross
earl
earl

Postby Albatross » Tue 30 Aug, 2005 22:56

Did you spot the Peggmeister General yet, Chev...? :D

snake
prince
prince

Postby snake » Wed 31 Aug, 2005 13:04

chev> have you seen all the first season of atlantis this time ?

Black Widow
counselor
counselor

Postby Black Widow » Wed 31 Aug, 2005 13:18

Chevalier Bayard wrote:Another serie where the first episode hasn't managed to make me watch the next.

hum.... there's no real first episode, there's a mini-series which is like a huge Pilot and as I said it's only an introduction to the universe. it really starts in the first season. how can you judge on only that? it's a show where you have to watch every episode cause it's a big saga where every clue is like a big slap in your face. the scripts, the actors, and the visual are simply perfect.
the creator Ron Moore says he's a big fan of the original show and tried to keep what he loves about it and go much further in the same time. the old fans just have to accept that it's a different show (and they'll be happy to see the old Apollo facing the new one).

I won't try to convince you but you're judging really fast, just like Farscape. :?  too bad, you don't know what you're missing...

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 31 Aug, 2005 15:16

snake wrote:chev> have you seen all the first season of atlantis this time ?

Nope for lack of time but I will ...

Return to “Serial Addicts”