A Place For All TV Series Fans.
Kowandz
local
local
Xbox Live ID: kowandz420

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Kowandz » Sun 23 May, 2010 06:02

The Vampires of Venice
Fun episode. I really liked bringing Amy's boyfriend around, I just wish he wasn't another Mickey. Fish from outer space aren't nearly as cool as vampires, but vampires would be kinda boring I suppose. Quick mention of the crack in time, was that how the fish people got to Venice, through Amy's crack in time? What place does the silence have in all this? Have to wait 2 weeks for episode 6, anxious all ready!

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 17:38

I'm amazed there is no reaction here after last episode ! :roll: :D

Kowandz
local
local
Xbox Live ID: kowandz420

Postby Kowandz » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 17:44

Amy's Choice
Rory seemed very Mickey in the last one, but redeemed himself a little in this one. The Dream Lord version of the Doctor reminded me of Q from Star Trek: TNG. Amy is an amazing companion, and she looked quite believably pregnant. Really good story, can't wait for next week!

jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Postby jainaxf » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 17:52

So no reaction after the finale ?!?!

Have you watched it ?

Personally, I was surprised at first : it was quite different from the previous RT Davies' finales, Moffat has a different way of writing !
But after thinking about it a little more and watching episodes and once more, I can definitely say that I loved it ! 8-) :yeah:

Of course, as it is Moffat, there are plenty of timey-wimey stuff ! :D

I was right about the future Doctor in Flesh and Stone ! I loved the Doctor's speech at Stonehenge and its effect (and the rational explanation afterwards) ! The relationship between Amy and Rory was quite touching and the Alliance and the reason behind it were well thought and I still love River Song ! The second part was more low-key than usual (especially for a finale as I said before) but it works really well : the story and time paradoxes are completely mastered by Moffat ! And it should please geeks all around : after all, the Pandorica is kind of like an external disc with a reinstall program and Amy is the little USB stick for the details ! :lol: And I loved the moment where he tells their story to seven-year-old Amelia : so cute and sad. And of course, The moment where he reappears : Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue ! It totally works for the TARDIS ! I hope we'll know why River can remember the Doctor before though (because she's a time-traveler ? Something else ?) ! And I really can't wait for next season : a 2 seasons arc ! 8-) We should finally learn who River really is I hope !
Finally, I appreciate the change in the dynamics with both Rory and Amy on board ! I was afraid Rory was going to be another Mickey, but no, he manages to hold his own ! And he is totally "Mr Pond" ! :D

So, a very good finale in my mind, even if it was on a lower scale than the previous ones ! I think it improves when you rewatch it : you can better appreciate all the foreshadowing and the logic, a little like Babylon 5 !

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Doctor Who

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 28 Jun, 2010 18:28

I've not seen the two last episodes yet. I often take time for the finale. But I shall come back here soon ;)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 01 Jul, 2010 22:48

I've seen them tonight and liked them. I don't see much to add than JainaXF hasn't already said.

At the end of the season I confirm that Matt Smith is doing an amazing job as the Doctor, a point I was a bit sceptical about at first.

On the other hand, I'm a bit disapointed by Moffat's writing in this season. We are really far from Silence in the Library and its sequel. If he masters the time paradoxes, I didn't find he mastered as well the story telling, which also was very unexpected. I found that last episodes looked like the worst period of the X-Men comics when each stories had consequences on a universal scale with a complexity not really possible to master and easy escapes like "resets" :roll: ...

Return to “Serial Addicts”