Doctor Who

A Place For All TV Series Fans.
Ninja Turtle
wannabe
wannabe

Postby Ninja Turtle » Sat 03 Sep, 2005 14:46

dalek builders guild      to geeky    :D

some one i know built their own dalek

gardening is less work,      but not as good stood in the corner of your front room

Squeaky-Dude
baronet
baronet

Postby Squeaky-Dude » Fri 07 Apr, 2006 11:50

I love Dr Who as well.... I can remember hiding behind the sofa in the 60's when the Daleks appeared.

I also met a Dalek at the science museum many years ago but it was ok because his sink plungers had been disarmed.

Some where my mum has a photo of me standing next to the tardis they used in the special effects shots as in one series they filmed part of it only miles away from where I lived.  All I can remember of the programme was something to do with seaweed that moved and killed people..... can't remember the rest as I was hiding behind a cushion! (It would have been a late 60's episode).

Favourite Dr Who was John Pertwee, sadly no longer with us.  Although I think his son Sean (51st State, Dog Soldiers etc) is a terrific actor and reminds me of his dad.

On a side note, in the early films of Dr Who, Peter Cushing (Hammer Horror Films etc) played the Dr and he only lived about 16 miles away from me... a perfect gentleman and very well liked by all who met him.

Was really impressed with the new series you can just tell that most of the people who worked on the series were actually fans of the original programs.

Can't wait for the next series....... pure entertainment!

Have you met my two pet Teuton Clubbies?

Banks0522
peon
peon

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Banks0522 » Fri 08 Dec, 2006 16:56

Ninja Turtle wrote:i am probally alone here but i love Dr Who

i have way to many videos    and loved the last  series

Your not alone,
i think it's awesome :D

i have the box set.
and i cant get enough of it

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 15 Nov, 2009 22:32

Long time without anything new in this topic. Maybe a good opportunity to launch this topic with this all new trailer for Doctor Who Xmas 2009 Special: End of Time

More infos clicking on this pic ;)

And a review of November 2009's special broadcasted tonight on BBC1: The Water of Mars =>http://tinyurl.com/yz934lk

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 12 Jan, 2010 01:31

David Tennant interviews Stephen Moffat in BBC's Doctor Who Confidential :bounce:

And as a bonus this AWESOME gift to a Doctor Who fan (and also a very funny scene :D)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 00:50

Season #5 will start on April 3rd on BBC !! :bounce:

Here is the latest trailer :

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 20 Mar, 2010 00:33

And a new trailer ! :)

jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Postby jainaxf » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 22:19

Can' t wait ! I try to avoid being too much spoiled, so I didn't watch the second trailer, but I'm really excited ! I hope Matt Smith will be good (I loved Davis Tennant plus I thought he was quite sexy ! What, I'm a girl ! :D ) !

Oh, by the way, I've found a very good channel on YouTube with plenty of Doctor Who music which wasn't released on CDs (including soundtracks from the specials !) : you have some real gems there ! :gj:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MI7G

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 01:36

Thanks !! :)

I do have some worries too about Matt Smith but I am totally fan of Stephen Moffat ! :bounce:

jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Postby jainaxf » Sat 03 Apr, 2010 23:01

So any early watchers ?

I have just finished watching it and I loved it ! Moffat is really a genius ! 8-) :yeah:
I am not really sure about the new opening them, though, I liked the orchestral version !

Matt Smith was quite good, I enjoyed his doctor a lot, but I have not forgotten Tennant yet and I still prefer his doctor for now ! Still, the actor is really talented and I'm pretty sure he will grow in his role even more !

The new companion was interesting (I'm sure guys will enjoy her even more ! :D ) and I
liked her introduction as a child : it is easier to get attached to her ! We can see she has been hurt and disappointed by the Doctor already ! I wonder who she is supposed to marry the next day ...

During the whole episode, you could feel Moffat's specific touch : creepy children, waiting for the Doctor for years, the house at the beginning ...
The season arc is obviously : "Silent will fall" and will have to do with these cracks ! I'm sure we'll see either the Angels or the Vashta Nerada coming back for the final episodes ! :bounce:

The TARDIS is ...different, it will take a little getting used to. Still, not bad and I liked the new costume (Matt Smith managed to look rather cool with a bow tie ! :D )

So, to sum up, I loved it, I was not disappointed in spite of my high hopes and I can't wait for next week !

Return to “Serial Addicts”