A Place For All TV Series Fans.
jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Re: Doctor Who

Postby jainaxf » Thu 22 Apr, 2010 19:04

Yes, I liked this episode as well.

I thought the atmosphere of World War 2 was well recreated and
Churchill was not bad. I'm naturally intrigued by the fact that Amy doesn't remember the Daleks : it certainly has to do with the cracks in space and time. I am beginning to wonder if Amy is not directly or indirectly responsible for these cracks : they seem to follow her !
And I agree with you Sybil, the new Daleks made me think of Power Rangers ! :D

I still like Amy very much, she is an active companion (unlike Martha who regularly got on my nerves ! :roll:) ! Matt is great, but I also agree that Davis is unforgettable for me (more than Christopher Eccleston : he was here longer and I found him better-looking ! :D ); still I quite enjoy this new season and can't wait either for the next episode ! :bounce:

Ehlyah
wannabe
wannabe

Postby Ehlyah » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:04

Re: the newest episode, what's everybody's thoughts on

Doctor River Song?

Any theories on her not being allowed to tell Eleven who she is?

And who else is still creeped out by the angels?

jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Postby jainaxf » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 20:16

I liked this episode a lot ! Lots of great little moments and call-backs ("Spoilers, Don't blink" ! :D ) !

I thought River was interesting and
she is apparently hiding a lot of things. I wonder what she did to end in prison ? Anyway, she would appear to be grayer than I thougt, it should be interesting to discover the Doctor's reaction to whatever she has done !
The Angels are still quite efficient at being frighening, even if I understood the problem of the statutes before the Doctor and River ! I found he moment when Amy was alone in the ship quite tense ! The humour worked for me, especially the relationship beween River and the Doctor : she is quite capable of challenging him ! I loves the exchange about the TARDIS' noise ! :D I still like Amy as well ! The final moment was also a very good cliffhanger !

So, a very good episode, can't wait for next week ! :bounce: 8-)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 21:56

I disagree, the final moment was also a terrible cliffhanger !!! I WANT TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW !!

:bounce: Damn you Moffat! This is torture !! :bounce:

Liewen hadn't seen the Blink episode and she very quickly got in the "atmosfear". Those statues are really scary !! :eek: :D

Ehlyah
wannabe
wannabe

Postby Ehlyah » Mon 10 May, 2010 11:59

So after talking with a couple of other fans,we've come up with an idea about River.

She kills the Doctor. Possibly, nay, probably with his consent and encouragement, but we think she kills him all the same.

Who's with us?

And what did everyone think of the latest episode?

I thought it wasn't as good as the others. Possibly, they sacrificed plot in favour of pretty.

I had my concerns about Rory (I did not like Mickey at all), but I was pleasantly surprised, though not crazy about him. I do love Amy, though. "my boys" indeed.

And next week's looks AWESOME. :D

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 10 May, 2010 13:09

The same idea crossed my mind regarding River Song but I don't think it's that.

It wouldn't be appropriate then for the soldier to tell the Doctor about it and there are other characters to arrive.

I'm agreeing 300~% regarding next episode which really looks great. "Silence in the library" and its sequel are among the best Sci-Fi "things" (TV series AND movies) I've seen on TV. Moffat was behind it and it seems that Moffat is back !! Even if Moffat is behind the whole season, this episode look far more SF than the others we've seen till now.

Regarding last episode. Well it was good to see Beeing Human's Gilbert and I've been surprised about how well I knew Venice after Assassin's Creed II :D

jainaxf
high guard
high guard

Postby jainaxf » Mon 10 May, 2010 15:06

I agree that we're meant to think this, that the obvious answer ! Now, we don't know if it's Eleven pr another incarnation, neither do we know the circumstances ... Wait and see ! :bounce:

For the last two episodes :
5x05 :
I loved the 5th episode ! Amy is more present, which is good, and we have some tantalizing hints of River's past ...We will see if River really killed the Doctor and if it will still happen (after all, "Time can be
rewritten" ! :wink: ) ! Have you seen anything weird when the Doctor leaves Amy and then come back ? When he leaves, he does not have his jacket, whereas when he come back he does and is very different : less flippant, more serious and emotionnal and asking things without direct links to the episodes ...There is a theroy on the web that it is the Doctor from the future, coming back to investigate the cracks in time discreetly ! Whe have other clues : the shadow passing in Amelia's house in the first episode and the TARDIS noise when Amelia is 7 ! Maybe it's not a dream but the future Doctor coming back (and putting a memory block after to avoid paradoxes !) ! I'm glad the mythology about the cracks is finally advancing, I was getting tired of the "mysterious crack" at the end of each episode !
On the other hand, I did not appreciate Amy's attenpt to seduce Eleven so much, it was weird ! Eleven finally catches up on Amy's central role, we have a nice little cliffhanger and ...

5x06 :
I was a little disappointed by the quick resolution ! I thought Eleven was going to do something more drastic than inviting Rory aboard ! :roll: But the scne was hilarious, I admit it ! :lol:
I liked the relationship between the three characters, Rory manages to avoid being a second Mickey and has some nice quotes "Yours is bigger than mine",the scene where they decide who is going to accompagny Amy in the school, Rory and the Doctor all alone ... :D
But I though the plot wasn't that great : too many plotholes ! The Doctor entering in the forteress far too easily and several times, what will happen to the alien males ...Besides, the aliens wanting to use Earth as a breeding ground to save their species is something that we have seen way too mabny times !
And finally, why doesn't the Doctor investigate at the end of the episode whan he notices the Silence ? Any good PC would have ! :D
So, not a bad episode, some fun moments but nothing special for me !

Kowandz
local
local
Xbox Live ID: kowandz420

Postby Kowandz » Sun 16 May, 2010 19:48

ARRRGGGGGG!!! We are behind in the US by a few weeks, just saw second part of weeping angels story, which was absolutely amazing. Matt Smith has done an amazing job with the Doctor and Karen Gillan has replace Billy Piper as my favorite assistant. I have watched at least one episode with every Doctor, Jon Pertwee was my favorite until David Tennant, but Matt Smith might pass him.
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but if I haven't seen the episode, I don't want to know anything. I don't know how I feel about the different colored Dalecks. The point of Dalecks is that they consider themselves the perfect race and should probably all be identical. The only individuals ever allowed were the cult of Skaro and they were created (pretty much) just to beat the Doctor. Maybe the differences between them will be a good plot point later?

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 16 May, 2010 19:55

Good point Kowandz ! :)

I've watched Ashes to Ashes first but we're going to watch 6th episode tonight here and might plop back again soon being really careful about the spoiler tags ;)

Ehlyah
wannabe
wannabe

Postby Ehlyah » Mon 17 May, 2010 10:08

I seriously hope it'll become a very good plot point later. I have no interest in watching evil Power Rangers.

Return to “Serial Addicts”