Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Being Human [BBC3]

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 24 May, 2009 02:13

A short introduction to which is my current favourite series for the moment: Being Human

As the trailer says it, the series is about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost sharing a house in Bristol. The three of them just try to have a normal life, a normal job, a normal relationship with their neighbours, normal dates, ... like all human beings.

Problem is that is slight difficult when you change every full moon in a devastating monster, when your hunger for blood takes easily the lead at the first occasion, or when nobody "normal" sees you ...

I'm not very far in the series which first season has already been broadcasted in 2008 on BBC3. I've just seen the third episode and the least I can say is that I'm totally fan !! :gj:

I'll come back by this topic when Liewen and I will have finished watching the first season but before I already advise you to rush on it if it's not done already ! ;)

coolfrog
elite
elite

Re: Being Human [BBC3]

Postby coolfrog » Sun 24 May, 2009 02:47

it sounds as the perfect series ill go try to find all the episodes it soudns very cool :gj:

6/6 from me

Liewen
champion
champion
Xbox Live ID: Liewen
Wii code: 7822003881806675
raptr ID: Liewen

Postby Liewen » Sun 24 May, 2009 13:33

6/6 as well, only see the first 3 episodes but they are really good... Especially #3, with Gilbert !!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I declare him the best supporting role in television of the year ! Image

coolfrog
elite
elite

Postby coolfrog » Mon 25 May, 2009 22:27

Gilbert is indeed a very good actor :gj: sorry i didnt notice it before i dont make enoguh time to watch the episodes..

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 25 May, 2009 23:20

We've just finished watching the first season and it is A-WE-SOME !!! :gj:

Rush on it !! When does the season 2 come ? when ? when ? for god sake WHEN ??? :terrorite: :terrorite:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 17 Jan, 2010 14:52

Oh I had updated on Facebook but not here :blush:

Well Season #2 has started and is awesome as expected ;)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 18:00

No please no !!!

Here is a title from Broadcast news: Being Human moves to Boston for US remake

Vampires and werewolves will swap Bristol for Boston in the $25m (£17.5m) US version of Being Human, which will also reveal more about the main characters’ family relationships.

Why oh why ??!? What they've done recently to Life on Mars wasn't enough ? (not to mention The I.T. Crowd which we didn't even found time to speak about before the unnecessary remake of one of the best hilarious series ever sinks on its own). Even if I find it quite self-centered to remake foreign movies and series instead of dubbing (at worse) or subtitling them, I can understand the effort when the language is different. But WTF with U.K. series ?? What is the point in remaking English speaking series ?? especially to destroy them and therefore make people miss the original ones of amazing quality.

When you read the interview of the Executive Producer Rob Pursey, you can already feel exasperation growing... Just some quotes: Josh (like his UK alter-ego will be “a bit of a geek” and Mitchell, the vampire character will be “very obviously Jewish”. :(

Well no thank you. I'll stay with the original on and therefore wait 2011 for Being Human season #3 on BBC :terrorite:

Thanks @BeingHuman3 for the alarm ;)

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 18:10

Oh the remakes has been going on for ages. Even with movies that are perfectly fine.

(I hope the rumour that they're doing a remake of Oldboy is a joke, or I'll have to hammer some people)

But I don't get what's wrong with Being Human the way it is now? Or The IT Crowd. I LOVE The IT Crowd :bawl:
ImageImage

Baskerville
crusader
crusader

Being Human [BBC3]

Postby Baskerville » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 13:02

At least Dr Who escaped this, for now. And this is the proof btw that a series totally British can run very well as it is in US. As far as I know the Doctor is also very popular in US.
"Looks a bit weirdski" Van - The Win-Only mantra

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 13:39

There has been some revelations these last days regarding the cast of next series to come with the arrival of a few celebrities including Lacey Turner from Eastenders who will play a new supernatural character named Lia, and Robson Green from Wire In The Blood who will play a werewolf.

Regarding the announced slaughteri.. SyFy American adaptation, the cast will be headed by:
  • Sam Witwer who left in the past Battlestar Galactica for Smallville ( :roll: ) and who will play Mitchell now renamed ... Aidan :terrorite:
  • Meaghan Rath, the Canadian actrice from 15/A series, who will play Annie Molly
  • Sam Huntington, Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns, who will play George Josh.

With two of the three having already contributed to destroy the Man of Steel himself, I fear even more for Being Human now :D

Return to “Serial Addicts”