Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Dead Like Me

Postby Skaila » Fri 18 Dec, 2009 19:17

Dead Like Me ran only for two seasons before it was canceled. However, there is a direct-to-dvd film which concludes everything. I can't speak for the entire show, but I've seen up to 9 episodes so far and I'm loving it.

The plot centers mainly around Georgia 'George' Lass. An 18-year old college drop-out who is at odds with her family and basically everyone. She takes on a dead-end job, and just wades through life in her own lethargic way. Disaster strikes and she gets hit by a toilet seat from the Mir station that was burning up in Earth's atmosphere.

Now dead she meets Rube (Mandy Patinkin), who is in fact a Grim Reaper (or Reaper for short). His task? marking those who are about to die so they can cross over and ultimately don't feel any pain when they die. George is now chosen to become a Reaper herself.

The weird part about this is that Reapers are undead. They walk among the living, some even have day jobs and 'live' their life while reaping souls.

The fun part is that they do not run around looking like the Grim Reaper at all, just normal people. The setback? The living see you completely different (aka different face).

I like this series so far because they show you what happens with George's family afterwards, and how George tries to cope. It's both dramatic at times, but there is plenty of comedy as well. One point of critique is about George herself. A friend of mine exclaimed that she would love to punch her, because she's annoying. Yes, she IS annoying, and at times she should get a smack to the head, but ah well xD

The trailer for season 1:

And part of episode 1

ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Dead Like Me

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 27 Dec, 2009 19:54

Thanks for this new entry Skaïla :)

Dead Like Me is indeed a nice show. I've seen several episode as it was broadcast on TV but yet never really take time to go through a full season which I shall do according to you ;)

I was also wondering about that movie. Must we watch the series before seeing it or is it easy to get on the tracks ?

coolfrog
elite
elite

Re: Dead Like Me

Postby coolfrog » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:13

Watched all the episodes on internet, good series with a cute girl lol

Return to “Serial Addicts”