Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Glee

Postby Skaila » Sun 12 Sep, 2010 14:32

Glee has become rather popular and the second season is just around the corner, but what makes Glee so special? And what the heck is Glee?

In short, a glee club is a club of high school kids singing, think of a choir, but with modern songs. At least, that's what they created for this show. A glee club is one of the few clubs that rank below all the other clubs. In other words, you're on the lowest rung of the high school food chain.

Now we know what Glee is about, but what makes it so special? It doesn't take itself seriously. You can call it a spoof of High School Musical, except it's better. Ok, i can hear you say, it's a spoof, but won't it be over the top? Yes, at times, but it tries to keep a balance.

So what's the plot of the first season. The original Glee club director gets fired from his job and the Spanish teacher, Will Shuester, takes his place. However, the school doesn't want to invest more money into the Glee club when they can invest more money in The Cheerios (cheerleaders). They make a deal, if Will can lead his club through sectionals and regionals, they can stay. Of course, The Cheerios coach, Sue Sylvester, will try to foil that plan.

The basic premise is that the Glee'ers meet the other clubs, and well, stuff happens. It's hard not to spoil, because every episode has some sort of spoiler.

The first person we meet is Rachel Berry. She puts a golden star behind her name, because she finds herself a star. She's musically talented and thinks highly of herself... and yes she's the protagonist. I didn't expect that, to be honest, but it was a nice change. You'll also meet Fin, the football player, who has to be lured in. Arnie, who is stuck in a wheel chair and many many others.

BUT the one person I love most if Sue Sylvester, the one who tries to get the Glee club disbanded. She's so sarcastic and I love it. Especially when she finally gets a spot on the local tv 'Sue's Corner'.

We talked about the cast, but what about guest stars? There are several people you may, or not may, recognise. One of the most notable ones (for me) was Neil Patrick Harris, who starred during the episode Dream On. Of course, the episode was directed by Joss Whedon. So yes, sometimes a famous director will direct an episode as well.

So who else? Victor Garber and Debra Monk as Will's parents. Josh Grobon, who plays himself. Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Olivia Newton-John and many many others.

The songs they sing are both from musicals, oldies as contemporary. I especially loved the Lady Gaga and Madonna episode. Also the rendition of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was awesome.

When they sing the songs, somehow everyone can sing perfectly and also somehow LIGHTS and an orchestra appears. Funny, eh? Such is the spoofyness that is Glee.

It's hard to explain unless you SEE and HEAR what i'm talking about:

Maybe not the best quality, but it shows a glimpse.

The second season is just around the bend, so make sure you don't miss it.
ImageImage

coolfrog
elite
elite

Re: Glee

Postby coolfrog » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 06:10

Its a new serie in Holland i havent seen it yet but the trailers look good

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 09:34

The title is not appealing. Reading it I thought Glue. Should work on the title.

Yes, I definitely CAN post interesting things, you see... :coffee:

coolfrog
elite
elite

Postby coolfrog » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 20:16

Nau is right about the title but what else to call it?

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 04:09

Glitch ?

:yeah:

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 08:26

The Better Version of HSM? :P

ah heck

Sister Act III: No Sisters In Sight
ImageImage

Archee
roaming
roaming

Postby Archee » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 04:00

Hi,
I am Archee. I like this series, but can't get......So, If I'll get any novel or comic or book of it. That's good.I really want to know every update of it.

Return to “Serial Addicts”