This is not my life

A Place For All TV Series Fans.
jainaxf
high guard
high guard

This is not my life

Postby jainaxf » Wed 22 Sep, 2010 17:30

Does anyone know this sci fi series from New Zealand ? If you like things like The Prisoner, Dark City, The Truman Show or Matrix, you should love this !

Here is the story : Alec Ross wakes up without a single memory? He lives in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife and 2 children. The city he lives in is also very clean, ecological and peaceful. His wife tells him he had a domestic accident and injured his head, hence the amnesia. However, he will quickly discover that all is not what it seems in this "perfect" community : why is everyone watched so closely all the time ? What is outside the city ? And why does people seem to forget things so easily ?

The characters are quite nice, especially the main character played by Charles Mesure (V). The story unfolds little by little, logically and the main character is generally clever about his investigations around the place. Moreover, the games with memories set some interesting dilemmas ! The set is futuristic (computer, gadgets ..) but not overtly so : the feeling is reinforced by the cold colours and the cleanness of the place !
Right now I prefer it to The Event, which tries to hard to surf on Lost's success (flashbacks, mysteries that may or may not be resolve ...) ! Besides, I love
A very nice discovery from an unexpected place ! I hope you give it a chance ! :yeah:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: This is not my life

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 00:28

I'm gonna surely give it a chance !! Thanks for the tip !! :bounce:

Return to “Serial Addicts”