Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Supernatural

Postby Skaila » Wed 19 Jan, 2011 19:30

Supernatural has been around since 2005 and is still going strong. With 5 seasons and currently the 6th being aired and a possible 7th under discussion, it's no wonder this show is being quite the hit.
Unknown Object

So what's Supernatural all about? At its core it's two brothers, Dean and Sam Winchester, hunting demons with their father. Of course, it's not simply a story about a family battling demons and spirits or whatever has the misfortune to come across their path.

Sam Winchester is youngest of the brothers and instead of following in his father's foot steps, he wanted to go to college. After a big falling out with his father, he has lived a happy life with his girlfriend, Jessica. Dean eventually comes to visit him and tells him that their father has gone missing after a hunt. What was he hunting? A demon that killed their mother.

Dean and Sam are off to find their father, but in the meantime they try to kill as many baddies as possible. What can you expect (and keep in mind I've only recently finished season 1) is vampires (no not the Twilight variety, thank God), angry spirits, a creepy asylum, reapers (and why you should fear them), miracle healings, demon possessions, and lots more fun stuff.

The bond between the two brothers is what makes this series special. You can feel the tension and the desperation from Sam. He wanted to have a normal life free from demon hunting. His brother is the exact opposite, who always followed his father's orders. You see the conflict, but you also see them growing closer together as a family. It's really nice to watch.

The thing that also stands out is the car. Yes, the black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. The car looks awesome and scary at the same time, especially with a arsenal of guns in the trunk. The other thing I found quite funny is how the life of a demon hunter is not quite glamorous. Many of us grew up watching Buffy and the success she has. The brothers Winchester have no income since they are traveling from town to town and state to state looking for demons. How do they gather money? Fake IDs, fake credit cards, gambling and it seems to work.

The one thing I was a bit scared of was that I can get easily bored of a series when it's repetitive. However, this is not. Every time a new case, every time hoping they would find their father and the demon, every time you actually do wonder if they'll survive and if they can cheat death. Hey you never know!

So if you're interested in the supernatural, if you like humor and horror at the same time, then this is for you. Just watch it, you won't be disappointed :)
ImageImage

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Supernatural

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 20 Jan, 2011 00:50

You're lucky to discover Supernatural now cause you've got some awesome stuff incoming with season #4 and #5 being the summit of awesomeness ! :D

I love this show. Just if you've not seen it, avoid at all cost the "Bugs" episode in season #1. Amazing to make such a mistake in season #1!! :eek: hopefully it's the only one and from this point the series becomes more and more catchy and interesting. It's not surprising that a RPG game has been written around Supernatural cause the universe of the series is amazingly rich and entertaining.

Season #6 has seen the departure of the creator which made me worried a bit about the evolution of the series, especially with the first episodes being a bit "surprising". But "Supernatural spirit" is still there as the X-Files copycat episode shows it greatly.

Thanks to have started this topic Skaila cause Supernatural is for sure a show you must not miss!! ;)

shizookazen
roaming
roaming

Re: Supernatural

Postby shizookazen » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:18

I like this show Supernaturals.I'm big fan of this show.I like its star casting.Especially i like main character Dean Winchester. :guitarhero:

Return to “Serial Addicts”