So here it is. To explain this thread briefly, itâ€™s purpose is to house a selection of simple, effective builds that can be used in PvP from Random Arenas to Tombs, stopping off at Droknarâ€™s and the Guild Hall in between. Ideally, somebody should be able to train using the build in randoms, take the same character to practice combining with others in team arenas, before unleashing a fully prepared and tested assault on GvG and Tombs. This is not intended to replace Guild efforts such as WOR Hunters, just to provide a viable and easily accessible alternative.
Anybody is welcome (and encouraged!) to develop their own builds and add it to this thread, but I ask that they follow the following rules:
1. The build must be self-contained. Any build that requires a friend with a specific skill, or type of skill, does not belong here. Obviously healing etc is not covered by this rule; weâ€™ll assume a friendly monk will come along.
2. The build must be usable in any form of PvP. A player should be able to practice in random arenas, and then take exactly the same build into GvG.
3. Give every possible detail when posting. Skill choice, usage, attributes runes - even preferred weapon. If you have to make a decision when creating the character, post what you think the answer should be. Follow my format if you like, but I wonâ€™t get upset if you donâ€™t.
4. Donâ€™t spam. Whether itâ€™s builds or comments lets keep this thread streamlined and user friendly. Iâ€™m sure we all tried many, many PvP builds that worked well, but the idea here is to make sure we have the best, and that they are always useful. Which leads toâ€¦..
5. IT MUST BE TESTED! The idea is anybody can pick this up and know it will work. If you think a build is great, donâ€™t tell us, take it to arenas and play with it, kill with it and win with it. When youâ€™ve got to team arenas via 10 consecutive wins and are happy with every single skill, then come post it.
There you have it. I hope people find this a worthwhile project, both for their personal PvP pleasure and the advancement of the Guild. The last thing Iâ€™d like to say is that, unless there are objections, I intend to moderate this thread quite heavily to keep it as usable as possible. I may edit comments posted into the relevant build post, and delete anything that becomes obsolete. If it still becomes unwieldy, then weâ€™ll look at better options.