Mary, Mary by James Patterson

Share your feedbacks regarding your last readings.

If you have read this book, how do you rank it?

6/6
No votes
5/6
No votes
4/6
100%
3/6
No votes
2/6
No votes
1/6
No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 1
Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Mary, Mary by James Patterson

Postby Rawhide » Mon 26 Dec, 2005 09:21

Mary, Mary

Image Image

Author: James Patterson

Official Description:
FBI Agent Alex Cross is on vacation with his family in Disneyland when he gets a call from the Director. A well-known actress was shot outside her home in Beverly Hills. Shortly afterward, an editor for the Los Angeles Times receives an e-mail describing the murder in vivid details. Alex quickly learns that this is not an isolated incident. The killer, known as Mary Smith, has done this before and plans to kill again.

Right from the beginning, this case is like nothing Alex has ever been confronted with before. Is this the plan of an obsessed fan or a spurned actor, or is it part of something much more frightening? Now members of Hollywood’s A-list fear they’re next on Mary’s list, and the case grows by blockbuster proportions as the LAPD and FBI scramble to find a pattern before Mary can send one more chilling update.

My critique:
This was a good book on it's own merit. I'm a big fan of James Patterson's Alex Cross series of books. Some of these books have been made into movies including Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider which star Morgan Freeman as Detective Alex Cross.

Compared to the other books in the Alex Cross series, I would say that this one was weaker than most. The plot was more predictable and the storyline seemed somewhat shorter. Still, I was glued to the pages and finished very quickly as I generally do with a James Patterson book. Not his best, but it's still a good, worthwhile read.

I rate it a 4/6.
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Return to “The Lost Library”