World War Z by Max Brooks

Share your feedbacks regarding your last readings.
Kowandz
local
local
Xbox Live ID: kowandz420

World War Z by Max Brooks

Postby Kowandz » Fri 21 May, 2010 17:05

World War Z is written by Max Brooks. The book is written as a series of recollections provided by interviewing survivors of the zombie war. The narrator is from a UN postwar commission trying to get the stories of the war before these people fade away. The book tracks the progress of the infection from beginning to end, providing a lot of entertaining moments as well as tense ones. I am a huge fan of anything with zombies and this is a very intelligent zombie book. The author did a lot of homework in order to keep everything but the zombies themselves absolutely real. As was the case with Romero's movies, there is also political and social commentary parsed in with the story lines.

The author has also written The Zombie Survival Guide. Paramount Pictures is now in production of a movie based on World War Z, due in 2012. Read this book, even if you don't like zombies the survivors stories are very compelling.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: World War Z

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 22 May, 2010 00:05

That's months now that this book is on my "to read" books pile. Might get to that one next. Thanks for the topic launch! :gj:

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 02:34

I've been a bit sick on Wednesday I've been sent home by my doctor which has given me some time to start reading this book at last and, even if there were good chances that happen, I do love it !! :gj:

Kowandz
local
local
Xbox Live ID: kowandz420

Postby Kowandz » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 17:29

Sorry to hear you were feeling sick, I hope you feel better. Bad way to get time to read, but I really hope you enjoyed the book!

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 07:59

Thank you it was just a little virus, I'm ok now and can go back to work (yeeepeee :P :D). Yeah the book is really nice. These two following days I have several hours of subway beyond me and will therefore advance some more ;)

Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Re: World War Z by Max Brooks

Postby Skaila » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 17:17

I picked this book up some days ago, and have been reading it since. I have to admit, some stories really get to you. It's not just about the USA, but about the entire world and the individuals that fight the zombies.

You can't call it a zombie book, it's more like that. You see how nations are trying to cope with the threat, or how people are trying to gain something from it. It criticizes polticians, world leaders, but also 'us'.

Meh, suffice to say, I loved it, and can't wait to see the movie adaptation.
ImageImage

Return to “The Lost Library”