Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

The Big Bang Theory [USA - CBS]

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 15:21

As I've finally looked for the lyrics of the extreme speedy opening of that show, I thought maybe it was the opportunity to start a topic about it here ;)

Created by Chuck Lore (writer on CSI, Dharma & Greg, ...) and Bill Prady (Gilmore Girls,...) The Big Bang Theory takes place in Los-Angeles where two physicists, Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Leonard (Johnny Galecki) share a flat when they don't work at the University or hang out with friends as nerds as them: Howard (Simon Helberg) and Rajesh (Kunal Nayyar).

Sheldon is a genius and very aware of it as he considers everyone else is stupid. Luckily for him, his friends won't mind any more about some harsh sentences they can hear and see the very nice and "friendly" geek hidden behind Rain Man (like Dustin Hoffman's famous character, Sheldon has got some weird habits impossible to change: do not ever dare to sit on his spot for example ;)).

Sheldon is clearly the most interesting character of the show, quickly followed by Howard, who still lives with his Jewish mum and dreams he is natural born seducer (in the 70's, according to the way he looks). In order to maintain this image of himself, he's chosen as his wingman Rajesh, an Indian colleague who can only speak to women when he gets drunk :D

In fact the main character of the show is Leonard to which, I suppose, we should feel closer as, beside the fact he is a competent physicist, he is "normal". He deals with Sheldon's habits as his weird family of geniuses prepared him in that way. He is very shy and doesn't know how to deal with their gorgeous new neighbour, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), the real "blonde" who has come to Los-Angeles to become an actress and is, for now, waitress in at the Cheesecake Factory.

But Leonard is so normal that I find him very pale regarding his weird friends and clearly watch the show for Sheldon and Howard. :D

The third season is currently on CBS. If you haven't watch the show, now is the time ! And, yes! do force yourself to watch the following episode after the pilot which is indeed not very funny.

Because of this pilot I hadn't watch the rest of the show for a very long time and only did it because many of my friends keep insisting about I should go further. They were clearly right as Liewen and I watched the other episodes nearly one after the other then !! :D

And now I finally understand everything that is said in the theme song of the show ! ;)

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Re: The Big Bang Theory [USA - CBS]

Postby Rawhide » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 22:51

I watched one episode of it and didn't find it funny at all. If anything, I found the characters voices to be very fake and annoying. They're really overplaying the geek role ... and I should know. ;)
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 22:58

Was it the pilot ? cause, as I said, I really didn't like that one and it took me a very long time and intensive lobbying from my friends to watch the other ones ! ;)

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 06:13

No, wasn't the pilot. The one I saw was Season 2, Episode 22: The Classified Materials Turbulence
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

coolfrog
elite
elite

Postby coolfrog » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:12

This show is new in Holland since 23 August and i love this show till now im sorry lol

Return to “Serial Addicts”